Gimme Chemicals

Darren

Mason and I put our stuff on the checkout counter. We didn't get much, just the usual stash of energy drinks and candy. How I stayed skinny, I had no clue.

As we walked out of the store, Mason muttered something about a 'hot piece of ass', and I looked up. I saw what he meant, but I couldn't believe my eyes at who he meant. It couldn't be her.

It looked exactly like her though. Except taller, older, prettier. There was still that unmistakable long, wavy ginger hair and soft brown eyes.

I stood in a frozen shock, and Mason tensed up, he must have realized who it was too. He had never gotten along with Lissy before, kind of the opposite.

"L-Lissy?" The words fluttered past my lips as I stood there in disbelief.

Her face broke out into a familiar, bright smile, and she ran to me.

"Darren!" She near shouted as she ran. Mason muttered 'dork', and I elbowed him. Before I knew it, she stood in front of me, the best friend I hadn't seen in four years.

"Is that really you?" I asked as I pulled her into a hug.

"Yes." she responded. She was smiling; I could tell.

Mason was pissed though. He hated Lissy, and now that she was back, he was mad.

"See you later Darren" Mason snarled and stalked off. I didn't care though, I'd deal with his little prissy ass later.

"I haven't seen you in so long Lissy." I said. I felt all my old feelings return as we pulled out of the hug.

Kiss Her! Kiss Her! Kiss Her! My mind screamed at me. I had promised myself I'd tell her how I felt the moment I had a chance, and now, here I was blowing it.

"I know." Lissy said pulling me out of my thoughts, " You've grown."

"You've grown too." I said in response as I looked her over.

I saw Kenny walking down the street with his friend Maya. I saw the nasty bruise on his face, and anger flared up inside me.

"Are you okay Darren?" Lissy asked.

"Yeah it's nothing." I responded running a hand through my dull hair. Man I was so stressed out.

"No it's something." How could she read my mind like that after four years? No wonder we were best friends.

"Come on, I know the perfect place to go." Lissy smiled and grabbed my hand pulling me towards her bike.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a short chapter. This chapter is officially dedicated to

punkrockerballerina

and my subscribers. I love you guys.

<3 PrinceMaggot