Status: in progress

Cold Love

Chapter 1: Proposing Proposal

The snow was heavy at this time in Colorado Springs, CO. I was trapped on the porch in shin-high snow.As i looked up at the sky, I noticed the sun, shining briliantly off the icy ground. The heat from the sun along wiht the cool breeze made the weather perfect.

As i was standing there, I heard the door behind me open, the hinges squeeking. I smirded. The door then softly shut, and I felt her hands creep around my waist. My hands, which were leaning on the porch rail, now interlocked with the ones around my waist. I shifted my weight from my hands to my feet as I let go of the rail.

(Nataellia's, his girlfriend, point of view)

I, now, stood on my tip-toes, placing my chin on his broad sholders. As I stood there, thoughts raced through my mind. "We are perfect together aren't we?" My thoughts now spoke out of my mouth. I smirked as i knew this was true. "Yes", his remark had only reassured our love for each other. We stood there for what seemed like eternity, I wish this would never end. But soon enough it did. His body started to turn. My hands lost contact with his waist as he turned, facing toward me.

(His point)

As i turned, I knew that this was the time. My moment had come but would i take it? I mulled the conflicting decisions in my head for a second, then chose. When our eyes met, I froze. Her eyes were a light green, emrald in a way. I then felt my right knee starting to criple into a right angle. The other knee took it's place on the snow covered porch. My hand slipped into my pocket. I rummaged around until I felt a box, outlined with felt. As I pulled it out, she took in a deep breath and cupped her hands over her mouth. I could see the shock in her eye's as she saw the dark blue box emerging from my pocket. Then i mustered up my most serious voice and spoke. "Since day one, AI knew it was you. You were the one. I thought this would be easy, but it is so very difficult." I then, slowly, started to open the box, tears were now streaming down her face. "I know I love you, and hope you feel the same." The ring was now visible, reflecting its beauty in her eye's. "There is no easy was to say this." I anticipated the final four words, caught a breath, then continued. "Will you marry me?" Her tears fell to the porch, melting the thin layer of snow that covered it.

(her point)

I couldn't believe it. As I was collecting the one word I knew I would say, I noticed the tears coming from my eye's. I swallowed hard, knowing what his response would be. As bad as i didn't want to say it, I knew I had to. "No!!"!!!

(His point)

I couldn't believe it. The time seemed perfect, what was wrong? This thought pondered in my mind for a moment. Still on one knee, I closed the little box in my hand and put it back in my pocket. I rose from the porch, my knee soaked from the snow on it. Tears, like a tiny waterfall, fell from her eye's. She hung her head nad slowly walked into the house, wiping away the tears from her eye's. I stood on the porch, looking at the scenery, clearing my mind.

(Her point)

I shut the door behind my, and made sur it was tightly shut. Then I burried my head in the couch cushions and let out a shrill scream. It would have been deafening if not muffled by the thick foam in the cushions, or so it seemed. My tears had now made a dark circle in the fabric. I lifted my head slowly out of the cushions revealing my red, tear dabbled face. All my strength seemed to have left me, as I didn't have enough to get up. As I laid my head back down on the couch, the tears stopped. This will be my temporary bed for the night, I thought.

2 hours later

As I was about to drift into a deep sleep, I heard wispering outside by the door. I only heard segments of the conversation, but together none of it made any sense. I wold hear an occasional, "No..........after..........then", but still none of it made any sense. The voices were deep like a grown man's, but the tone was different from Joshs'. Alert, I laid motionless on the couch, my eye's cloes, ears listening. "Was Josh in the house?", the thought raced through my mind. "Did he go out?". Fear was pulsing through my veins, beating in my eardrums. I knew any sudden movements would trigger the strangers ouside. Slowy, I rolled my body off the couch, catching myself before thudding on the ground. My body was tense, but I could not let fear slow me down. I crawled to the bathroom and quietly shut the door. As I sat there the darkness engulfed me, sending chills crawling through my skin. If i turned on the light the strangers might see, so i had to bear the dark. I cleared my mind thinking, "Phone, phone, were is my phone?" I searched my pockets, but they were empty front and back. As I crawled to the bathroom door, I let a crack of light shine through so I could see out. My eye's scanned the living area first. No sign of a phone. Then the kitchen, there it was, perched on the counter by the sink. I looked back at the door, but nothing moved. My legs started to tense up. I got on my feet, crouching low below the light. My body jolted across the opening to the kitchen. Hidden behind a counter, my back to the drawers and cabinets, I reached up. My hand came across, 1st: a knife, 2nd: my cell phone, and 3rd: a cutting board. My body was shaking violently, my hands were unsteady but I mnaged to diall the three numbers: "9-1-1."