‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Sequel: Stay
Status: Completed!

What Can I Say?

Everything

"Baby don't pretend that you don't know its true 'cause you can see it when I look at you. And in this crazy life and through these crazy times its you, its you, you make me sing. You're every line, you're every word, you're everything." - Michael Buble

Melody dropped her gaze to the table as she let what Nick said sink in. She had missed him a lot the first year they were apart but she learned to move on. Nick couldn't move on he was too sensitive for that. He thought to hard on things so much that it became his whole life.

"Why didn't you move on?" Melody asked even though she knew the answer.

"I didn't want to." Nick said with a shrug. "It’s not that big of a deal now."

"Yeah you seem to find people to occupy your time." Melody said disgust lacing her words.

"It’s not what you think." Nick said reading her mind. "I'm still a virgin. I don't have sex with a different girl every night like the media says."

"What about the girl I saw the other day? She looked like she had a fun night." Melody said finally meeting Nick's gaze.

"I have fun without sex." Nick said laughing. "Sex isn't the only thing two people can do."

"Then why bring home a girl every night?"

"I don't know." Nick said with a shrug. "I just do."

Melody shook her head. "I guess guys are just weird like that."

"I guess." Nick said laughing. "But enough about me. What's been happening in your life the last few years?"

Melody did not want to talk about her life, but since Nick shared everything to her she had to do the same. "Well I left New York two years ago. And it’s been the best two years of my life."

"Really? Anything else?"

"Not really. I haven't done much."

Nick smiled; she was the same Melody never wanting to brag. "How has your song writing going?"

"Great. It brought me back to you." Melody said. Her hand flew to her mouth when she realized what she had said. That was only meant for her to hear not Nick. "I mean I got the job of writing with you."

"Sure." Nick said, he was doing a happy dance in his mind. "I'm glad Garbo found you."

"I am too."

"You sound surprised." Nick said laughing again.

"I am. I never expected to talk to you again let alone spend this much time with you and like it." Melody admitted.

"You like spending time with me?" Nick asked his smile growing.

"Yes." Melody replied with a smile.

****
The pair decided to leave the dinner, leaving behind a generous tip for Patty, and found themselves at the beach. Both loved the beach and considering it was near sun down it was cool enough to enjoy sitting on the sand. They were only a few feet from the beautiful ocean water; the mist from the breeze hit their faces keeping them even cooler. Melody looked out at the endless water her arms crossed over her chest. Nick was also looking out at the water but occasionally he would glance at Melody just to make sure she was still there.

"Stop looking at me like that." Melody said not taking her eyes off the water, a ghost of smile adorning her features.

"Like what?" Nick asked.

"Like you want to kiss me." Melody said half joking.

"Maybe I want to kiss you. Would that be a bad thing?"

"Yes." Melody said right away. She turned her attention to Nick. "We work together and we're friends. Friends don't kiss."

"We have before." Nick replied remembering their first kiss. "Remember?"

Melody did remember. She remembered Nick was showing her a new song he was writing. And the amazement she felt watching him play the piano.

"Yeah I remember."

Nick smiled and looked back at the water. "Don't worry I won't try and kiss you."

Melody continued to look at Nick. She didn't understand how he could be this care free when the night before he wanted to die. Either he was good at hiding his emotions or he truly was OK now. She hoped she was the reason for his happiness, even though she shouldn't feel that way.

"I'm fine, Mel." Nick said sensing her worry.

He glanced at her and saw her relax. He didn't want her to be so on edge around him, like he was going to break any second.

"Thank you." He said watching a sea gull fly over the water.

"For what?" Melody asked. She couldn't help but look at the gorgeous boy next to her.

"For making me happy."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its so short! but I will have the next one up in a couple of days! I hope you like this one!

: )

Comment!!