‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Sequel: Stay
Status: Completed!

What Can I Say?

Need You Now

"Another shot of whiskey, cant stop looking at the door. Wishing you’d come sweeping in the way you did before. And I wonder if I ever cross your mind. For me it happens all the time. Its a quarter after one, Im a little drunk, And I need you now. Said I wouldnt call but I lost all control and I need you now. And I dont know how I can do without, I just need you now.' - Lady Antebellum

Melody and Nick got together everyday to work on songs. They had five songs done by the end of the second week. They only needed five more songs for the album and then they'd be done.

"We're making progress." Melody commented. "We should have the rest of the album written any day now."

"Great." Nick said smiling. "What's going to happen after we finish the songs for the album?"

"Then we'll work on the rest of them." Melody said as she looked through one of the not books. "And then we'll figure things out."

Nick picked up his guitar and strummed a few cords. "I can't work tomorrow." He said as he replayed the cords.

"Why?" Melody asked as she read a song Nick had wrote.

"I'm going out tonight."

Melody looked up from the papers in her hands. "What?"

"I'm going out."

"Why?"

"Because I want to." Nick said his annoyance levels rising. "It’s not that big of a deal."

"Yes it is." Melody said as she set the papers aside. "You haven't gone out since we really started working, two weeks. Why do you want to ruin what you've accomplished?"

Nick set his guitar down and stood from his seat. "I'm fine. I don't need to change."

"Obviously." Melody responded. "I'm done with this. Call me when you’re not being an ass."

Nick watched in silence as Melody gathered her things then left his room. He wasn't going to let people constantly tell him how to live his life. Just as he finally got his family off his back, then hadn't spoken to him since he stormed out, and Melody decides to lecture him. Nick picked up his guitar again and angrily strummed it as he let his frustration out.

****

Melody sat in her room with a pen and a piece of paper as she tried to write a song. All she could think about was Nick out being stupid. She knew where he was going; she had read one of his texts on accident when Nick left his phone on the table. So if she really wanted she could go find him.

"Hey Kelsey!" Melody called she made up her mind on what she wanted to do. "Wanna go out tonight?"

"Sure." Kelsey responded.

Melody let Kelsey beautify her before they left the house on the way to the club. Melody was nervous, she felt exposed in her short shorts and tight black shirt.

"Just stay calm and don't act like you’re under age." Kelsey reminded Melody.
"I know Kels. I've done this before."

They walked up to the bouncer and showed them their ID's. He barely looked at them before stamping their hands. The pair stood at the edge of the dance floor watching the mass of bodies moving together.

"Let's go to the bar." Kelsey yelled above the loud music.

Melody followed Kelsey through the mass of bodies towards the bar. The bar wasn't as crowded as the dance floor; most people chose to take their drinks with them to dance. Melody stood behind Kelsey as she ordered for them, and reluctantly took the cup filled with an unknown liquid. Kelsey instantly found a guy to talk to and left Melody on her own. Melody scanned the dark room for any sign of Nick but she couldn't make out people's faces.

"Hey Kels, I'm gonna take a look around." Melody yelled into Kelsey's ear.

"Alright." Kelsey said waving her away.

Melody walked to the other end of the bar and to her surprise she found Nick. A very scandalously clothed girl sat on his lap furiously making out with him. Melody debated with her self, rip the girl away from Nick or walk away.

"Excuse me." Melody said tapping the girl on the shoulder. The girl pulled away from Nick. "Can you leave?"

"No." The girl said with a sneer. "Who are you?"

"His girlfriend." Melody lied.

The girl glared but got off of Nick any way. Nick looked at Melody not saying a word. He wasn't surprised she showed up tonight. He had purposefully left the message about going out on his phone so Melody would see it.

"This is what you do every night?" Melody asked.

"Yep." Nick responded taking a sip of his drink.

"Wow." Melody said laughing with out any humor. "You’re pathetic."

Nick ignored Melody and drank the rest of his drink. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see how you live your life."

"Well you've seen now get out of here." Nick said as he stood up a little unsteady.

"Why don't you come with me?" Melody asked concerned.

"No." Nick said shaking his head.

Melody stood in front of Nick and took a hold of his arm. "Please come with me."

She moved closer to Nick and looked up at him, trying her best to look attractive. Nick took the bait.

"Alright." Nick said he looked down at Melody, his eyes wondering down to the skimpy clothing she wore.

"Come on." She took his hand and led him toward the door. She stopped next to Kelsey. "Let's go."
"I'm having fun." Kelsey said. She was having an intense conversation with someone. "Here take my car I'll catch a cab."

Melody took Kelsey's keys. "But I don't want to leave you here."

"I'll be fine. I'll call you or Brad when I'm ready to go home." Kelsey said with a wave of her hand.

"Mel." Nick said impatient.

"Alright see you later then." Melody said uncertainty.

"Bye." Kelsey brought her attention back to the man in front of her.

Melody continued out of the club, stopping by a garbage to dump her drink. She led Nick to the car then got in.

"Where are we going?" Nick slurred. He didn't seem bothered at all by Melody's sudden interruption on his fun.

"My house." Melody turned the ignition and left the parking lot.

Melody turned the music up loud so she wouldn't have to feel the need to talk. Nick sang along with the radio his voice sounding just as amazing as always. They pulled up in front of Melody's apartment building.

"Do you actually live here? Or do we have to go some where else?" Nick asked referring to when Melody lied to him about where she lived.

"Ass." Melody mumbled as she got out of the car.

Nick followed Melody up to her apartment his steps unsteady. Melody walked in and flicked on the kitchen light.

"Sit down I'll get you water." Melody instructed.

She locked the door then opened the fridge.

"Got anything stronger?" Nick asked as he slouched in his seat.

"No." Melody said handing him his water. "We don't drink."

"Right. Perfect Melody doesn't do anything bad." Nick said pushing the water away. "Why did you bring me here?"

"You shouldn't have been there." Melody stated. "And I couldn't take you to your house and let Joe see you like this."

"Joe sees me like this all the time."

"He thinks your getting better." Melody said disgusted with Nick "they all think your getting better."

"I really don't care." Nick said rolling his eyes. "It’s my life."

"Your killing yourself." Melody said exasperated. "Don't you see that?"

"I don't care!" Nick yelled. "What's the point in living?"

"Seriously?" Melody asked annoyed. "You have people who love you and don't want to see you like this. People who would die if you were gone!"

"If they cared so much why are they just now intervening?" Nick asked his fists clenched. "Why did it take them two years to care?"

Melody didn't know what to say. She saw the hurt in Nick and understood where he was coming from. At the same time she thought he was being selfish.

"Exactly!" Nick yelled when Melody didn't say anything. "They just want Nick Jonas the musical genius back. They don't care about me and what I'm going through."

"Yes they do." Melody said not believing what Nick was saying.

"No they don't." Nick said shaking his head. "If they did they would have tried harder to help me."

"How can they help me if you push them away when they try?" Melody asked suddenly furious at Nick. "You're the one who tells them to stay out of your life."

Nick stood up and loomed over Melody. "They don't care about me."

Melody glared up at Nick not scared of him. "Stop acting like this. You’re being selfish."

"Fuck you." Nick said slightly pushing Melody back. "You don't have the right to talk to me like that."

"Get over your self." Melody said backing away from Nick. She wasn't scared of him but she knew she had to be cautious.

"Stop it!" Nick yelled. "You can't talk to me like that!"

"What's going on here?"

Melody's attention snapped to the entrance of the kitchen where Brad stood. He was wearing his pajamas and looked half asleep.

"Nothing go back to bed." Melody said not wanting to bring Brad into this.

"No what's going on?" Brad insisted. He didn't like the way Nick was talking to Melody or the way his fists were clenched.

"She said nothing." Nick said his anger directed towards Brad.

"Brad, please just go back to bed." Melody pleaded.

Brad took one last uneasy glance at Nick then retreated back to his room. He kept his door open in case he heard something he didn't like. He was going to protect Melody if something bad happened.

"Tell your boyfriend to stay away from me." Nick snarled.

"He's not my boyfriend." Melody replied. "And just forget about him."

"Will do." Nick said as he turned away from Melody. He walked to the door and undid the lock. "I'm out of here."

"Wait." Melody said stepping in front of him. "I'm sorry."

"Fine. Move." Nick said pushing Melody away from the door.

"Stay here tonight." Melody said moving back in front of the door.

"No."

Nick pushed Melody again causing her to fall down. Nick opened the door but didn't move to leave. He stared down at Melody who laid sprawled out on the ground looking up at him. He never meant to hurt her in any way. With a frustrated sigh he grabbed her arm and helped her up.

"Are you staying?" Melody asked closing the door. She wasn't going to say anything about the way he was treating her, she knew this wasn't normally how he acted.

"Fine." Nick said giving in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I hope you all like this one. : )

And thank you to all the people who have been commenting! I would thank you all personally but I'm lazy :p haha anyway keep the comments coming!