‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Sequel: Stay
Status: Completed!

What Can I Say?

Decoy

"Close your eyes and make believe this is where you want to be, Forgetting all the memories, try to forget love cause love's forgotten me, Well hey, hey baby, it's never too late pretty soon you won't remember a thing, And I'll be distant, the stars reminiscing, Your heart's been wasted on me, You've never been so used as I'm using you, abusing you, My little decoy, Don't look so blue, you should've seen right through, I'm using you, my little decoy, My little decoy." - Paramore

Melody looked out her window, the sun was just rising making the clouds turn a beautiful shade of blue, she liked to watch the sun rise before getting ready for work. It didn't take long for Melody to start writing for other artists, they some how knew who she was and what she did. In the last three months she had written with ten different artists. This morning she was going to work with an up and coming pop star. She had her note book of songs marked with sticky notes for each artist.

"Hey beautiful."

Melody turned to see her boyfriend of only two months striding into the room. He sat next to her and looked out at the sky. They sat for awhile longer in front of the window before Melody turned toward the man sitting next to her.

"Breakfast?" She asked smiling.

"Sounds good." He replied with a chuckle

The couple walked into the small kitchen and began to make their breakfast. They worked together effortlessly always knowing what the other was doing before they did it It didn't take long before they were settled next to each other at the table.

"Looks good, babe." He said with a grin.

"We did a pretty good job." Melody agreed.

It was silent for awhile as they ate their food. Melody looked at her song note book and paged through it until she found what she was looking for, she read over the song a final time. She was nervous about that day's meeting, she usually was, and wanted to make sure the songs she bought were perfect.

"Stop stressing about this."

Melody looked up from the page and smiled, "I'm fine."

"If they don't love your songs then they are crazy."

Melody smiled and ate the rest of her food in a rush. She piled the dishes in the sink and made a mental note to wash the dishes. Melody moved out of the apartment she shared with Kelsey and Brad into a new apartment by herself with the occasional visit from her boyfriend.

Melody's guest chose to take his time to eat, he watched amused as Melody hurried to get ready for her day. He had just set his dishes in the sink when Melody finally stopped rushing from room to room gathering what she needed for the day.

"Ready to go?"

Melody looked in her bag one more time then smiled, "Yep."

****
Nick paced the length of the office he was told to wait in checking his watch every few steps. He knew in a matter of minutes everything would change for him. The moment he had been looking forward to for months was finally here.

"Will you stop pacing?"

Nick glanced at the women sitting in the corner of the room typing away on her Blackberry. Nick sighed then sat down in the only vacant chair.

"I'm nervous. What if they don't like it?" Nick asked.

"Honestly, honey, it'll be fine." The woman next to Nick replied, not even bothering to look up from her phone. "Melissa wants us to come over for dinner tomorrow night."

Nick sighed again, he hated when she didn't listen to him. "Yeah, that's fine."

Just then the doors opened and two men in suits walked into the room. They didn't acknowledge Nick or his companion at first, they carried on their discussion as if no one was around.

"Well now on to other matters." One said glancing a Nick. "Mr. Jonas, we had time to listen to the CD and we are very happy with it."

"Really?" Nick asked in disbelief

"Really." The man who had yet to speak until then, said. "We believe it will do well."

Nick smiled and felt the tension in his body fade. Finally his luck was turning around.

"We want you, the band, and the song writer to go on a press tour."

Nick's smile fell fast, "What?"

"The fans want to know what's behind the songs."

"But I wrote all of the songs, Mel-the song writer only helped." Nick said chocking on Melody's name.

"We know but it couldn't hurt to have her with you. It'll be an honest start to your knew career."

Nick sighed knowing there was nothing he could do to get out of this. He would just have to deal with seeing Melody again.

"Well I think that's all we needed to discuss. You'll get an e-mail soon with more on the press tour."

Nick and his companion left the room after a quick farewell to the two business men. Nick kept his hands in his pockets as they entered the elevator that would take them to the ground floor. It was time to spend another with a girl he didn't care about to forget the one he loved.
♠ ♠ ♠
well I hope you all like this one!! comments please! : )