‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Sequel: Stay
Status: Completed!

What Can I Say?

Everyone Else

Only one day left until the song writers show case, and Melody was still fine tuning the song she wrote for it. She had to get it perfect or she would never be happy with it. She rewrote the lyrics only to go back to the original. Frustrated Melody decided a break would help clear her mind. She walked into the living room and sat next to Brad. He smiled at her then went back to the video game he was furiously playing.

"What's up?" Brad asked his eyes still on the screen.

"Nothing. I had to walk away from the song I'm working on." Melody replied. She closed her eyes and tried to relax.

"Nervous?"

"Nope."

Brad didn't say anything more for a while. Melody slowly fell into a peaceful sleep next to Brad.

Brad paused the game to look at Melody. He liked her, that much was obvious, ever since his sister let her move in two years ago. She was perfect and he loved having her around. He knew they would never be together, Melody only saw him as a friend, but a guy could dream right?

He knew she had been badly hurt in a past relationship, but he didn't understand why. She was an amazing girl any guy would be lucky to be with her. She told him the guy had kissed her best friend, and that as much as it hurt her she didn't really care about that. She cared about putting all her faith in him as a friend, not as a boyfriend but as a real friend. Brad would never hurt her but she just wouldn't give him a chance. He wasn't going to give up though.

****

Kelsey sat in her room, music playing softly in the background, her thoughts lingering on her school work. She hated college. Simple as that, and wished she could be as talented as Melody at something so she didn't have to go to school. She could care less about her classes, who really needed trigonometry? She wanted to be an actress for crying out loud!

She just had to find away to get a role in something, she would be happy with anything. While Brad was OK with his life going no where Kelsey did not want that. She had always hoped by twenty-three she would have her life figured out. To bad that wasn't the case. She had to be in school instead of on the set of a movie, this was not the life she wanted.

****

Joe watched as his little brother left the house to go to other club. There was nothing Joe could do to help his brother, telling Nick not do something was a bad idea.

"Don't worry so much Joe." Karen said as she walked into the living room seeing Joe's pained look.

Joe looked up at his girlfriend of two years a small smile playing on his lips. No matter how upset he was she always put a smile on his face.

"I'm not worrying." Joe replied as he pulled Karen onto his lap.

"You are to. I can tell." Karen said running a finger down Joe's face. "He's going to live his life the way he wants to."
Joe sighed as he listened to the same thing he's heard before from everyone. He knew Nick wasn't going to change on his own, which left Joe to help him. Everyone else might be giving up but not Joe, he wasn't going to let his little brother down.

"I'm not going to let him keep doing this to himself."

Karen hated to see the broken look in Joe's eyes, like he was slowly dying on the inside. She knew how close Joe was with Nick, or how close they used to be. She never got to meet the old Nick she only knew the Nick that Joe hated.

"I love you." Karen said kissing Joe's forehead. "Your an amazing big brother."

Joe hugged Karen to him breathing in her scent, her fruity perfume and lingering coffee smell from her job. He loved this girl more then anything. She was the only thing that kept him sane when Nick was acting like an ass.

"I love you too, babe."
♠ ♠ ♠
So now we know a little more about Melody's roommates and Joe's girlfriend.
: )
I hope you all like this one.
Sorry its kind of short the next one should be longer.