‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Sequel: Stay
Status: Completed!

What Can I Say?

The End, For Now

Over a month had already gone by and Nick and Melody were inseparable. Melody practically lived with Nick and at this point. A day did not go by without them being with one another. They spent most of their time at Nick’s house alone, and only a few times were they out of the house.

It was one of those rare times when they were leaving the house this time to eat with Nick’s family. It had been since the wedding that Nick had seen them. Melody was nervous to see his family as Nick’s girlfriend; it was different when she was just working with him.

“Ready?” Nick asked as he walked into his room to find Melody standing in front of the mirror. “You look great.”

Melody turned to look at her boyfriend then down at the clothes she wore. It was just a simple black shirt with white skinny jeans.

“Are you sure?” Melody asked concern lacing her words.

“I’m positive” Nick said smiling at the beautiful woman in front of him.

Melody walked over to Nick and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

“Alright then let’s go.” Melody said taking Nick’s hand in hers.

Once they arrived at Nick’s parent’s house Melody felt her nervousness come back. Clutching on to Nick’s hand she entered the house with him. At first it seemed as if the house was empty but as they walked further in they could faintly hear the sound of laughter.

“They must be outside.” Nick mumbled to himself.

Soon enough they were outside where the rest of the Jonas family sat around a large table. They all glanced at Nick and Melody as they walked towards them.

“Hello!” Denise Jonas exclaimed jumping up from her seat to greet her son and his girlfriend.

“Hi mom.” Nick said hugging his mom. “This is Melody.”

Denise let go of her son to look at the girl next to him. Before Melody could utter a word she was being pulled into a loving hug by Denise.

“It’s nice to see you again.” Denise said as she let go of Melody.

“You too.” Melody said smiling at the older woman.

She was greeted by everyone else in the same matter, even Joe and Karen gave her a friendly hug. Nick and Melody settled into the two empty seats left at the table. Joe finished telling his story about his and Karen’s honeymoon and then turned to Nick and I a smile on his face.

“So how are things?” He asked. “We haven’t seen you in a while Nick.”

“Things are great.” Nick said as he looked at me. “Never better actually.”

“So Melody have been writing songs with anyone besides Nick?” Denise asked smiling warmly at me.

“Yes.” I answered. “I’m working with a few artists right now. No one to big yet.”

“Well I thought the songs you wrote with Nick were great.” Denise said.

“Thank you but he did most of the work.” I said blushing.

The conversation moved on to other things going on in the Jonas family’s lives as we waited for the food to be ready. Twenty minutes later we were all digging into one of Denise Jonas’s delicious home cooked meals. As desert was being passed out Melody caught the smell of something that didn’t agree with her stomach.

“Are you ok?” Nick asked his now sick looking girlfriend.

“I don’t think so.” Melody whispered as another bout of nausea caused her to stand quickly and run into the house.

Nick quickly followed after Melody instructing her to where the nearest bathroom was. He held her hair as her dinner came back up. Only a few minutes later the nausea spell
was over and Melody was able to lean back into Nick’s strong arms.

“How are you feeling now?” Nick asked wiping sweat form Melody’s forehead.

“Fine, a little tired.” Melody replied. “I don’t know why I threw up.”

“Maybe you’re just coming down with something.” Nick said quietly. “I’m sure you’ll be fine.”

Melody didn’t answer as she thought about what could have caused her sudden illness. Then a sudden thought came to mind. Standing up she moved to the sink to rinse out her mouth as she thought over everything that had happened in the last month. She hadn’t been feeling any differently lately maybe a little more tired and hungry but she just thought that was because of her activities with Nick.

“Nick I think I might know what’s wrong.” Melody said her voice barely over a whisper. She looked up into the mirror where she could see Nick standing behind her.

**

Denise was waiting for the couple outside of the bathroom waiting to see how Melody was doing. Melody told her she was fine but needed to go home to rest.

“Alright, I hope you feel better soon.” Denise said giving Melody a hug.

Nick walked Melody to the car before going back into the house to say goodbye to the rest of the family. He was shaking slightly as he said his goodbye’s. The only ones to notice were Denise and Joe who instantly were worrying about Nick. Joe walked his brother to the door and before he could go he stopped him.

“What’s going on?” Joe asked his younger brother. “You look sick yourself.”

“I’m fine just worried about Melody I guess.” Nick said trying to act as if nothing was wrong.

“Ok, I’ll talk to you later than.” Joe said still not convinced his brother was fine.

Nick quickly drove away from his parent’s house. His destination was the drug store down the street.

“Nick you can’t go in there and buy one!” Melody said as they neared the store. “It’ll get out!”

Nick sighed as he realized this was true.

“Do you want to go in?” Nick asked as he parked the car a good distance away from the store.

“Not really but I guess I will.” Melody said.

She tried not to cry as she thought of what might happen if she went into the store. They would know for sure what was wrong with her whether it was what she thought it was or not; this was not something she was ready to go through.

She slowly walked into the store keeping her head down in case someone noticed her exit Nick’s car. She walked over to the aisle that had what she needed and picked two that looked like the best choices. As she paid shame washed over her as the older lady gave her a disproving look. She practically ran to the car where Nick as waiting. He didn’t say anything as she climbed into the car holding the plastic bag in her tight grip. They were silent the rest of the drive, both thinking about what was going to happen in a matter of minutes.

Once inside Nick’s house Melody went to the fridge to get some juice before going into his room. Nick silently followed her into his room. Melody lay down and waited for the time to come when she would need to open the box she had just bought. Nick paced the room waiting impatiently. After a few minutes of watching Nick pace Melody was sick of it. She stood and strode into the bathroom a box in her hand. Nick waited quietly outside of the door his heart racing. Only moments later Melody opened the door and walked over to Nick. She wrapped her arms around his waist.

“I love you.” She whispered.

“I love you too.” Nick said hugging her back. “Everything will be ok.”

Melody didn’t say anything as they stood there and after what felt like five minutes she pulled away and walked into the bathroom. When she returned there were tears running down her cheeks.

“I’m pregnant.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this is the last chapter!! I hope you enjoyed this story and I hope you want to continue reading with Stay, which I should have up as soon as I'm done with this author's note.
So Melody is pregnant, what's gonna happen now? I know!! haha. ;) I hope you guys liked this twist!!
Please comment!!! If you didn't bother reading my little rant in the last update I'll just summarize it here: I would like more comments!!
Thanks for reading!! I love you all and i hope you will read Stay when I start putting more chapters out!! : )
Melody's outfit