‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Sequel: Stay
Status: Completed!

What Can I Say?

Everyday Is A Struggle

"So Much for the past year, I poured it down the drain with all the alcohol and pain I got from, Your Eyes, Oh Your Eyes. I'm burning up my bedside, And rotting out my insides slowly. " - Senses Fail

Melody once again walked up the steps to Nick's house. There was only one car in the drive way leading her to believe Nick was the only one home. She knocked on the door and to her surprise a girl with bright red hair opened the door. She only wore a shirt, the rest of her clothes were in her arms. The girls face instantly went red when she came face to face with Melody.

"Um." She said biting her lip. "I was just leaving."

The girl quickly ran past Melody and into a car across the street. Melody walked into the house and looked around for Nick. He was just walking out into the kitchen, he was only wearing a pair of black shorts; his chest completely bare.

"Did you forget we're working today?" Melody asked. She didn't let her eyes wonder like they so very much wanted to.

Nick looked up startled. "How'd you get in here?"

"Your friend let me in."

"I can't work today." Nick said. He looked Melody up and down. "As much as I'd love to I can't."

"Why? You agreed to this." Melody rolled her eyes. "I didn't sign up to deal with your diva moments. You can find someone else to work with you."

"Whatever."

Nick watched in differently as Melody walked away. He wasn't in the mood to chase after her like he had done before. He had spent countless hours every time he was in New York City looking for her. Nick wasn't the little love sick puppy he let himself believe he still was for the short amount of time she had spent with him the last few days. He was better then that.

"Fuck her." He mumbled under his breathe.

He walked back to his room and slammed his door. It would have been much better if Joe had been home then he would have had someone to take his anger out on. But no, Joe was out with his girlfriend. Nick paced around his room as he thought about the possibility of never seeing Melody again. One side of him was happy and the other, more sober, side of him couldn't bare the thought.

He picked up the discarded bottle of alcohol lying on his desk and drank it as fast as he could. This was his way of shielding himself from the pain he had been dealing with. He had been taught at a young age that drinking was wrong, but after he had tried it once he loved it. It was the escape he had been looking for, for years. Nick took a deep breathe and threw the bottle at his door where it shattered into sharp pieces on his bed room floor. He was now completely trashed, the bottle he had just drunk added to the many drinks he had only a few hours before.

"Fuck this!" Nick yelled as he threw his note books with all of his songs at the broken glass. "I don't need to write another pointless album that nobody cares about!"

He fell down onto the floor narrowly missing the glass littering the ground. He placed his head in his hands as his body shook with sobs. His life was down the drain and he knew it, even in his hazy drunken state of mind he knew what had happened to his life. As much as he tried to ignore it, he was hoping Melody could help him. She was after all the starting cause of his problems. He missed her that much was certain but at the same time he hated her. She walked out on him, again, because of one smart ass remark.

"Fuck." Nick cried as his body rocked back and fourth as his crying increased.

The door to his room slowly opened, Nick didn't bother looking up it was probably just Joe. But to his surprise a pair of soft delicate hands wrapped around his wrists prying his hands from his face. When he looked through his tears into a pair of bright blue eyes his heart dropped.

"Melody?" Nick slurred.

"What happened?" Melody whispered. Her eyes searched Nick's face, she took in his tear stained cheeks and blood shot eyes. His breathe smelled of stale alcohol as he breathed heavily through his sobs.

"I don't know." Nick said as another sob broke through his lips. "My life is just so fucked up."

Melody pushed aside every ill feeling she felt towards Nick and pulled him into her. She held onto him while he continued to cry and mumble under his breathe about his horrible life. Melody never wanted to see Nick like this again; she was going to do everything in her power to help Nick fix his life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes this chapter is a tad bit short but it is very important. I have the next three chapters written so if i get some comments on this chapter the next one will be posted tomorrow. Hope you all liked this. : )