Red Lady

T w e n t y T h r e e

Eden

"I hate ointment. I feel like I'm treating a rash."

"You hate a lot of things, don't you?" the short man who had an attitude asked, smirk on his face and his arms crossed over his chest. For the life of me, I couldn't remember his name. I think it started with an s though.

"She doesn't hate a lot of things Blane, she just likes to complain," Ashton corrected. B and S, same thing right? All that I really know was that he was full of BS.

"I can complain if I damn well please," I muttered, closing the cap to the tube of ointment. I rubbed it on gently, being careful of my tender skin.

"You learn to just tune her out," Donavan voiced, flipping through a magazine while relaxing on the hotel bed. I picked up the closest thing to me, which happened to be the large TV remote. With my superior aiming skills, it hit the mark, which was his head.

"Ow!" he whined, rubbing the spot that it had connected to his head.

The door to the hotel opened, revealing Avian and Irene, who had bags of supplies for me. They ignored Don as he continued to complain about his head and just went straight to me, dumping the contents onto the table.

I picked up the piece of fake hair, although it seemed completely natural, and showed it to the dirty blond standing next to me. "This is a real wig."

"Yeah, yeah. I just got what I could darlin'." I didn't correct him, just went through the other things that they had bought.

"Hm, I've never played a nurse before, but I'm pretty sure they don't wear dresses anymore."

Avian nodded, knowing that was true. "Not usually, but in La Chaux-de-Fonds they do things the old fashion way. You're lucky we could get that much. When you look for nurse outfits, most of what comes up is skimpy."

"Maybe it would be more effective that way."

"Donavan, if you make one more stupid comment, I will beat your skull in with the back of my gun. Now, shut the hell up."

"She hates the world, complains a lot, and sends a lot of threats."

"I'd be quiet Blane," Irene suggested, sitting down in the chair opposite of mine, "She doesn't miss when she shoots, and you're coming closer and closer to the top of her 'Kill' list."

I ignored the conversation that was going on around me, instead unbuttoning and unzipping my pants, shimming out of them. The shirt came next, being thrown to the floor, making a tiny pile. Suddenly, there was a complete and eerie silence in the hotel room. I looked around to see everyone staring at me.

"What?" I questioned.

"Why are you undressing here?" another nameless body guard like person asked, trying to keep his gaze on my face. It earned him some points from me.

"Why not?" I exclaimed with nonchalance, taking the plain white dress out of the bag and slipping it on over my body, wincing when it brushed against my injured flesh.

"Where did all them scars come from Darlin'?"

"They're battle scars Darlin', something you get in my field of work."

Ashton shook his head, making some locks of his hair fall behind his shoulders. "A woman like you shouldn't have to work in dangerous conditions that cause those kinds of injuries. I know you're the best in your job and what not, but a body like that shouldn't be ruined."

"Ash, I don't know whether to take that as a compliment, or as an insult."

"It wasn't either, just what I believe."

Without any other complaints for comments, I continued to get dressed. White stockings, white shoes, the brown wig, and finally the plain hat—that truly had no purpose—which went on top of my head.

"How do I look?" I asked, turning around in a circle.

"Like a nurse?" Donavan stated, as if it he wasn't sure.

I rolled my blue eyes with a sigh, turning my back on everyone to reach into my bag for the special item that I was looking for. I smirked as I pulled the small syringe out and held it to the light for everyone to see.

"What is that…?" Avian questioned slowly, looking over the clear liquid that filled the plastic. I saw his eyes harden when my smirk got even bigger and I knew he was wondering what exactly was inside.

"This, my dear cousin, is liquid cyanide."

"What the hell are you doing with that? No, a better question is how did you get that?" the nameless guard inquired incredulously, sending me a skeptical look.

"Not too long after we got to this hotel after coming to the hospital."

"When did you find-"

"When she went to take a shower," Ashton stated, and he was actually correct. I smiled his way and nodded my head, confirming his statement.

"Damn, you're even sneaker than I thought," Irene mumbled.

"Why, thank you, thank you very much."

"Alright, enough stroking of her ego, let's get this over and done with before the cops jump on our tails again."

My eyes hardened and I nodded my head once again. "Agreed."

--------------

Dominic

"I wish we could stay here in France to look at the sights," a female SWAT member sighed wistfully, climbing off the plane right behind me with her bags gripped tightly in her hands.

"Enough with the day dreaming Donalds, keep moving so we can get to the other plane and make it to La Chaux-de-Fonds before it's morning."

"Yes sir," the woman sighed again, following behind me more quickly, but with much reluctance.

I smiled a little at it because this was probably the most normal thing that had happened between us all. For most of the ride here we had been silent and serious, focused on the job that we were supposed to be completing once we got to the sight. It was nice to have some form of normalcy.

The ringing of my cell phone pulled me out of my thoughts and scared me for a moment. I wondered whether I should pick it up, because I'm sure I didn't have international coverage, but did so anyway.

"Ramirez," I greeted with brevity, waiting for the person on the other line to announce themselves.

"Hello there Dominic," the feline like voice of Jocasta purred, making me completely stiff. I continued to walk, making sure to keep my appearance as casual as I could. But truly, I was slightly discouraged at what I would learn from this phone call.

"What is it?" I barked quietly, trying not to grab anyone's attention.

"I'm surprised you don't know what I'm calling about already. That Kris fellow seems like he would have told you as soon as possible."

"What?" My voice seemed to go up another octave, so I cleared my throat and repeated what I had said.

"Your sister, Susanna, is here with me. I, what do you call it, 'kidnapped' her from the hospital not too long ago."

"What?!" I almost shouted. There was no way I was hiding my phone call now, seeing as most of our group was looking at me. The heaviest pair of eyes would have to be Myers'.

"Do not worry my boy, she will be harmed in no way, that I promise you. She is just incentive to catch Eden and not let her get away again."

"Didn't you hire a man to kill her?"

"He is not a skilled as I would have hoped, but he is all I have," she complained to me.

"What happens if we don't catch Eden before she comes to kill you?"

"Then your sister becomes a hostage situation, along with a member of her team. She will come to me, but I cannot guarantee that your sister make it out alive. Susanna might just be a loose tie that Eden will want to get rid of. So, I hope to hear of news that you have captured her. Goodbye.."
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go, your update. I know that these take a while to come out, but truthfully, it's not my top priority. My Frank Iero story is the one I update the most because more people read that one, so this gets pushed back. Sorry :\ Just trying to keep the majority happy.