Red Lady

T w e n t y F i v e

Eden

"Sometimes I even wonder why we bother unpacking," I voiced to the room full of people rushing around, trying to get the rest of their things together so we could rush off and move on to the location of my next target. Really, I wondered why they didn't just do all of this while I was gone, but I couldn't complain about it. It's not like I was in a hurry.

"Alright, Donavan and I are going to head out first, with Blane and Rodger. Five minutes after we drive off, you, Irene, and Ashton will head out. We'll all meet at the plane, alright?"

"Yes, yes. Go, we'll be okay, alright?"

Avian stomped over to me, his face turned into a frown. He grabbed my chin, which surprised me, and made me look directly into his green eyes; as if I hadn't been before.

"If anything happens to you tonight," he whispered, "I'm going to kill you."

I just smirked at his and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Nothing has slowed us down yet, I don't think tonight will. Now get your ass out of here before I shoot it."

With a cheeky grin, he turned around and left with the other two right behind him. Only a minute or so after they left, Irene sighed and gave me a look.

"What?" I asked her.

"I'm just worried."

"About what?"

"Every time Avian has a bad feeling, something always usually goes wrong."

"Here's hoping the lad is wrong," Ashton replied, taking a drag off of his cigarette.

-------------

Dominic

"How do you know that they're coming to this airport?"

I looked at the woman who had been put on my team, her eyes questioning my reasons for coming here.

"I've been on this case long enough to know what is going on. They'll be here, I know they will."

For a couple minutes we just stood there, looking into the distance and waiting. Soon enough, we saw headlights coming their way. The woman and I stood at attention as the car slowed to a stop. Only moments later, three people stepped out of the car, two that I knew.

"Well, look who we have here. Avian and Donavan, my old friends."

Avian's face, as usual, was completely calm, as if he had nothing in the world to worry about. Donavan seemed relaxed and uncaring, like he wasn't a criminal on the run.

"Special Agent Ramirez, it's a surprise to see you here. How are you liking La Chaux-de-Fond? Would this beautiful lady be with you on a romantic getaway?"

"Not quite."

"Too bad," Donavan chimed in, "she's very beautiful. Maybe once we get out of here, you can take her on a date."

"I'm afraid you aren't going anywhere," I took my gun out and pointed it at them and my partner followed suite, "Where's Eden?"

Donavan and the other unknown man that they had come with both took out guns, making this situation a lot more severe than it had to be. "I'm not going to ask you again. Where is Eden?"

"She's already here."

I looked past the small group to see another car coming, looking identical to the one that the men had rode in. The people inside didn't waste any time coming out, and I saw Eden get out of the back, a bandage around her arm but a smile on her face.

"Dominic, it has been too long since we last saw one another. How are you?"

"There's no time for chit chat Hayes, you're coming with me dead or alive."

The moment I said that, a gun came out from Avian and another stranger and all of them were pointed at me. My partner was getting jittery beside me, and I knew if this went on any longer, she was going to end up shooting someone.

"Boys, boys, we don't point guns at friends. Put those down," Eden purred as she walked through the small crowd and towards us. They did as she said, but I focused my shot at her.

"Now, Dominic, what's got you so moody today? We didn't leave off in that bad a state, did we?"

"Shut up Eden, I have to take you in, or I'll never get her back."

Her eyes were confused by my statement, not knowing what I was talking about. "Won't get who back?"

"My sister. That bitch, Jocasta, has my sister."

Then, her blue eyes turned cold. They were empty of any emotion at all. But that reaction meant that the name meant something to her. "Why?"

"She's using her as bait to get to me so that I will catch you. Ever since we called your old teachers up, she's been after you."

"Are you stupid?" she whisper/yelled at me, "Did you really think that was going to help you catch me? You all could have gotten killed. I don't have a beef with anyone else but them."

"Well, now I have a beef with you. Once she knows we have you in custody, then she'll give me my sister back."

The redhead shook her head, looking at me as if I was a young boy who had no clue what he was talking about.

"It won't happen like that Dominic. Jocasta is a conniving bitch. She was the most cruel, the one who hurt us the most. She won't give up your sister like that. Only I can stop her, and that's by ending her life."