Status: update as often as i can!!!!!!

Don't You Know You're Beautiful

Chapter 43 (Ava's POV)

"Catch it, you fool!" I yell at Eli after I threw him the Frisbee. He barely caught it, still turning to me with a huge smile on his face. I can't help but smile back.

The Cali heat beats down on my friends and I as we play on the beach. We're playing ultimate Frisbee. Zoe, Ashton, and, Cam against Eli and I. It's no fair. They have two really big guys. O well, my team is still wining.

"Pass!!" I scream, running ahead of Cam to get to their line.

Eli throws the Frisbee smoothly, arching to me beautifully. I've got this. Its in the bag.

And then Cam jumps in front of me. All six foot 4 of him. he catches the flying Frisbee easily. AHH! No!

Without thinking, I jump on his back, tackling him. We go down in a mess of limbs.

"Foul!" I look up from under Cam's arm to see Zoe pointing a well manicured finger at us.

"Hey! It's a Cava sandwich! Get it? Cam, Ava, Cava." Ashton laughed, telling a terrible joke. We all laughed, in spite of it. In the past months, Ash has become as much a part of my live as any of my other friends. He's different than I thought he would be. He's sweet, but tells some pretty bad jokes. He and Zoe are still going strong.

As are Eli and I. He is, this is sorta pitiful, the light of my life. I love him. A ton. We are doing great. He fills a part of me I didn't know I was missing. It's like, he um completes me. Ha, how cheesy do I sound right now? I can't help it. He makes me feel so.... bright, happy, loved, spacial. I don't know what I'd do with out him. Or my other friends.

Two weeks ago, they finally convinced me to see a therapist. Telling them my story help a lot, but I still have night terrors. Wake up screaming and sweating. But the only way I would go is if they would go too. So now we all go to therapy. My lady is cool. She is fun and doesn't make me feel like I'm talking to a therapist. If you know what I mean. And she doesn't know that we don't have parents. We told them Cam was our legal guardian. What she doesn't know won't hurt her.

I've learned more than a little about myself lately. I will be alright. This hole my family left inside of me can be filled. It will get better with time and love. It can only get worse if I cut people out. Which is what I've been doing for years. It's kinda hard to let go, but I'm getting better at it. My friends are always going to be there of me. And, in a weird way, I feel as though my mom is watching out for me.

Since I got out of the prison, I have not tried to find my dad. My friends and my therapist haven't pushed me. But they think I should. Just to get some closer. I will eventually. When I'm ready. I will become strong enough to face the man that haunts my dreams and ruined my childhood. I will stand up to him and show him how great I have become.

As of now, my life is fine. My powers are more under control. I don't explode things when I get mad anymore. Thankfully. School isn't the hell it used to be. Cassie got caught with a guy doing dirty things like the hoe she is, and got sent to a all girls academy in the middle of no where. Hehe, I had nothing to do with the fact that her parents showed up at the perfect time, unexpected to both parties.

Now, my main priority is my friends, and the awesome life I have with them. It's getting better. But I'm a long way from healed.

My story is one of tragedy, hope, love, and friendship. And its not over. It is just beginning.

"Ava! You ready to get your ass kicked?" I look up, coming out of my daze to see Cam on his feet. He smiles, holding out his hand to me.

"No way. You're going down!" I let him pull me up. The sun is going down on the horizion behind him. Framing all my friends in beautiful light.

And life goes on.
♠ ♠ ♠
aww all done!
thx for sitcking with me on my first story. I love you guys!
check out my new stories too ;)
i hope u liked the story. I enjoyed writing it