Abducted

Chapter II

Bridget

“Bridge, please, just get into that dress.” Mom moaned and threw her hands up in the air, exasperated at my behaviour.

Staring right at me was a vibrant yellow ball gown. The skirt was way too puffy and the sleeves were way too long. It looked like something my great, great grand-vampiress-mother would wear, due to how medieval it looked. But what was worse than the hideous looking thing, was that I had to stay in it for the whole night.

“Can’t I pass it? Oh, pretty please.” I pleaded with my eyes.

“That’s what you say every time. You turned too many invites down that I’ve already lost count.” Mom folded her arms over her blossomed chest and settled herself on my bed, with her legs crossed.

She was always such a lady; something which I was not. Dad says that mom just resigns to fate that she has me for a daughter, someone who is the exact opposite of a refine lady. It wasn’t that I was all tomboyish; neither was I a girly girl. I just wasn’t your average female vampire who flaunts their beauty everywhere they go. Vampires are born beautiful, so what’s there to fuss about? I just didn’t look as glamorous as other vampiress do. And I definitely do not enjoy the balls or parties vampires love.

“Bridge, this biannual ball use to mean a lot to Melanie, for her could you at least attend the opening.” Mom’s voice soothingly attempted to persuade. And the thing was it is working.
I always had a soft spot for her pleas and Grandma Melanie. I couldn’t turn her down, because she was just way too nice to me when she was still around. Grandma Melanie had been such a wonderful teacher, guidance and friend. Unfortunately, she was killed two years ago, during a vampire hunt down. She claimed she’d live far too long, I on the other hand, think it wasn’t fair. Melanie didn’t do anything to hurt anyone; she’d be one to have gone vegetarian, if she was a human. Good people weren’t supposed to die, at least not like that.

“Will you please, just do it?” Mom looks straight into my eyes. Her eyes shown pure sincerity and it begged me to do it. As always, it worked. I had never been able to resist those eyes and voice that felt like it needed me to be there to help.

“Fine, but we got to work on that hideous looking dress,” I let out a defeated sigh and pulled out the sewing machine from the back of my closet.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really would like feedback and opinions about this story! So please comment and tell me what you think!

XOXO
Sara