Abducted

Chapter III

Paige

“Mom, the guests are here,” Zachary popped in to let me know of what was happening down in the ball.

“I’ll be there in a second,” I smiled, as I tried to clasp my necklace, in a pathetic attempt.

“Come on, let me do it,” In big strides, my son walked towards me and reached for my necklace. Hovering tall above me, his strong fingers work their way around the minute clasp. How he was good at such things, was beyond me. Zachary had always been good with his handiwork anyways.

“Thank you, but I was almost going to get it,” I tried to deny. Zachary just rolled his eyes sarcastically, “Is Winry ready yet?”

“You bet, since Eric’s here already,”

“She’s really hanging around that 100 year old vamp, huh?” I wrinkled my nose in displeasure as I squeezed my feet into the beautiful red pumps I just bought on my shopping trip with Winry.
Eric is a vampire, who is young for his kind, but terribly old for my daughter. She’s only eighteen for crying out loud! Sure Eric is a young, charming vamp, but compared to my daughter, he is definitely not right.

“Yeah,” Zachary let out a chuckle as my expression changed drastically at his response.

“Goodness, what is wrong with your sister?” I let out an exasperated moan.

“Mom, you did marry someone 200 years older than you, a different race one, at that,” Zachary pointed out. And when the words started to sink in, I guess he was right in more ways than one.
I married Miguel, who is a vampire and 200 years older than I was. He did change me in the end, but that doesn’t mean he made me grow 200 years older.

“Still, this is my daughter, we’re talking about! I’m not going to let her go bang with some century old vampire!” I protested as I played the horrific scene in my head, which made me shudder.

“Oh, you’ll survive that. Now mom, if you don’t stop playing the terrible scenes in your head, you’re going to be late for the opening. And I’m okay with that, is just, I really do want to escape with Dennis, the earlier the better,” Zachary gave me an apologetic smile as he ushers me towards the door, where Miguel and Winry greeted me the minute I opened the two large mahogany doors.

Looping my arm around Miguel’s, I walked towards the stairs. My two kids tailed behind me, nudging each other and making remarks on their partners for the night. As I laughed along to Miguel when he butts in to make a snide remark, I can’t help but see it from a third-person’s perspective, because deep down, I knew this scene is incomplete.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm liking where this is headed! It's good so far and I'd appreciate all feedback. So do comment!

XOXO,
Sara