‹ Prequel: Guilty Pleasures
Status: Complete

An Old Beginning

Chapter 1

TWO YEARS LATER

Naomi pulled into her mother’s driveway, turning off the car and glancing back at the dozing toddler.

“We’re here, honey,” she said softly, reaching into the backseat and patting the chubby little leg, smiling when sleepy hazel eyes greeted her.

“Mama?”

“It’s me, baby,” she whispered, smiling at one of the words in his limited vocabulary. His favorite word….and Naomi's favorite word to hear.

“Where is my grandson?”

Naomi climbed out of the car, smiling as her mother ran down the steps and practically threw herself in the backseat, unfastening the little boy. Naomi smiled with a roll of her eyes.

“Yes, forget all about your daughter,” she said good-naturedly. “I know when a baby makes an appearance, the parent ceases to exist.”

Donna climbed out of the back of the car with her grandson securely in her arms. “You know that’s not true…entirely.”

Naomi laughed as she grabbed their bags from the trunk.

“I just can’t believe I get you both for more than a week,” Donna said with an excited smile.

“Yeah,” Naomi agreed, although the enthusiasm wasn’t in her voice as they walked into the house. “Have you…”

“No,” Donna said quietly. “I haven’t seen him.”

“Yeah,” Naomi said softly. “I didn’t really expect anything. I don’t know what I was thinking.”

“You were thinking about Michael.”

Naomi gave her mother a genuine smile as she looked at her son. He was slowly waking up and taking in his strange surroundings. He seemed content as long as his mama and grandma were in the vicinity.

“You should go out, Nae,” Donna said with a smile as she put Michael on the floor. He stayed close to Naomi, clutching at her pants with one tiny fist, while theother clutched his small toy hippopotamus named ‘Tubby.’ He didn’t go anywhere without that hippo. “Go see Jo and Pete,” Donna continued. “You haven’t seen either of them since they went to visit you at Christmas.”

“I don’t know. I might go see them tomorrow. I want to make sure Mikey is adjusted before I just take off.”

“Oh, we’ll be fine,” Donna said in a playful tone as she scooped up her grandson again. “You’ll have fun with Gamma, won’t you?” she asked, tickling the little boy’s tummy.

Both women laughed at the giggle that erupted from him.

“Go,” Donna said with a little push for her daughter. “Pete's working at The Pub tonight, and Jo is probably close by.”

“Gosh, I just got here and you’re already kicking me out,” Naomi said with a smile.

“I just want to take my grandson and show him off.”

“Aaah, and the truth comes out,” Naomi said with a laugh. “You want to kidnap my little boy and parade him around to all of your friends.”

Donna smiled sheepishly. “Can you blame me? This is the first time you’ve been home, and all I’ve ever had to show them were pictures.”

Naomi shook her head with a grin before offering her mother the car keys. “Take my car, since you’ll need the car-seat. I’ll take the Jeep.”

Donna happily took the keys from her daughter. “Take your time and have fun with your friends.”

“Okay, thanks, Mom,” Naomi said with a hug. “Bedtime at eight o’clock for the little one,” she continued, tickling Michael's legs as he squealed and
squirmed around. “Mommy loves you,” she whispered with a gentle kiss to the top of his head.

--------
I don't care if you dont want a baby. My story so pffft! =D
I happen to like having this little lovie in my sequel =) Plus. There would be no sequel if it wasnt for him. So hugs for the toddler!