‹ Prequel: Guilty Pleasures
Status: Complete

An Old Beginning

Chapter 10

Gerard took a deep breath, shoving his hands in his pockets as he looked up at the sky. “Well…”

“Now probably wouldn’t be the best time for you to meet Mikey,” Naomi said softly.

“I guess not,” he whispered. “I expected it to go a little better than this.”

“I’m sorry about that,” Naomi replied. “If you two had to meet, I was kind of hoping for a more controlled situation.”

“He seems pretty controlling,” he muttered under his breath, but Naomi could hear him anyway.

“Gee, please…”

“Sorry, sugar,” he said, avoiding her eyes. “I forgot, it’s not my place to say anymore.” Both stayed quiet for a minute before he spoke again. “Howlong?”

Naomi took a deep breath before speaking. “A year,” she said softly, not needing to ask him to clarify. “We’ve been together for a year.”

‘Longer than we were together,’ Gerard thought with a pain in his heart.

“So you two have…”

Naomi's breath caught as she looked away, not wanting to hear the rest of Gerard's question. And she really didn’t want to answer it.

Gerard shut his eyes, trying to reign in his emotions. “When can I meet him?” he asked, wanting to change the subject.

“Can you come by later?” she asked, her tone taking on a hopeful quality.

“Yeah,” he said softly. “Whatever time is good for you, I’ll be here.”

“He wakes up from his nap around four. Anytime after that will be fine.”

“And what about Captain Bleach? Will he be here, too?”

“Gerard…”

“Simple question, love.”

“I’ll make sure he’s not,” she said softly.

“Okay,” Gerard said with a nod before turning and walking back to his car. Opening the door, he turned to see Naomi standing in the same place, staring up at the sky as she seemed to be lost in thought. “Nae?”

“Yeah?” she replied, snapping out of her daze as she turned her attention back to him.

“Thank you,” he said softly
-----
I'm sorry there hasnt been many updates.. But guess what!
I was attacked by the sea today!
*Walking along quite happily with my best bud... WOOSHHH The sea comes flying over the blacony side bit and soaks us both from head to toe!*
Who gave the sea the right to do that!? Friggin' thing made my hair go all curly =( And I straightened it not.. An hour before the sea went all karate kid on us!
Stupid natural hair.. =(
Sorry. Rant over. Comment? =D