‹ Prequel: Guilty Pleasures
Status: Complete

An Old Beginning

Chapter 22

Naomi practically scrambled out of bed as she looked around for her abandoned clothes. She could hear Gerard's voice get even louder as she hurriedly got dressed, listening to the heated exchange and knowing that it was about to boil over. She hesitated when she got to the door, not wanting to alert Billie of her presence but knowing that there could be disastrous consequences if she left the two men alone for very long.

Taking a deep breath, Naomi opened the door in time to hear Billie's angry voice.

“Why gain a sudden interest now? You haven’t wanted anything to do with her or her son since you left her!”

“Only because I didn’t know where she was, you idiot! I wanted both of them in my life, but they weren’t here. I’m Mikey's father, not you, so stop trying to fill the void because I’m not going anywhere!”

Billie's eyes clouded over with anger. He was about to respond when he saw a movement behind Gerard. His eyes widened when Naomi appeared, wearing the same clothes she had on for dinner, but now they were slightly rumpled. Everything fell into place when he noticed Gerard's shirtless state. Naomi's hair was falling freely around her shoulders, but he remembered it being pulled away from her face less than an hour ago.

“You son of a bitch!” Billie yelled, throwing his fist at Gerard.

Gerard quickly ducked the fist, landing his own in Billie's stomach.

“Stop it!” Naomi screamed, not caring about her own safety as she ran forward and pushed herself between the two men.

Both froze as the tiny girl wedged herself in between them. The men glared at each other but stayed still, not wanting to risk harming Naomi just to get to each other.

“Everyone just stop,” she said in a surprisingly calm voice, looking back and forth to make sure neither was planning any surprise moves.

“What are you doing here, Naomi?” Billieasked, his gaze still leveled on Gerard.

“I could be asking you the same thing,” Naomi replied, turning to face the taller man as she crossed her arms over her chest.

“Is this why you wanted a break?” Billie asked her as he gestured to Gerard. “Wanted to ‘reminisce’ a little bit?”

“No,” Naomi said softly. “This was an accident.”

Gerard could feel his body tense at her words, narrowing his eyes as Billie shot him a look.

“Can we talk?” Billie asked Naomi in a soft, soothing voice, reaching forward to gently touch her arm.

Naomi hesitated for a brief moment before nodding. “Yeah,” she said quietly, giving Gerard a small smile as she walked out the door.

---------------
*Sobs* A mistake.. A mistake!? YOU BITCH! Wait.. She's my character.. Woopsies.. Well. I better make this all better. Stat!