‹ Prequel: Guilty Pleasures
Status: Complete

An Old Beginning

Chapter 26

Gerard knocked on the door later that night, feeling his heart thumping in his chest. He gave Donna a tentative grin when she opened the door.

“Is she back?” he asked softly.

“She just got in,” Donna said with a nod. “She’s upstairs checking on Michael. I’ll be in the kitchen…you two should go on a walk, get some fresh air.”

Gerard saw the smile playing on Donna's lips as she walked away. Seconds later, he turned when he heard a sound come from upstairs. Naomi slowly walked down the stairs, looking at him in disbelief, as if she didn’t expect him to be there.

Everything faded into the distance as their eyes locked together. The world seemed to turn into a dense fog as they looked at each other, both feeling the charge that seemed to race through them as Naomi got closer.

“I didn’t expect you to be here,” she whispered.

Gerard took a deep breath, fighting the urge to take her into his arms. As wonderful as it might feel, he knew it wouldn’t solve anything. It wouldn’t give either of them any answers that they needed.

“Can we take a walk?” he whispered.

Naomi nodded, hugging her arms around her body as he held the door open for her.

They walked in silence for several minutes before he spoke. “Do you remember the first time we met?”

Naomi turned to him with a smile on her face. “Outside the school with
Baxter lecturing about something pointless. I didn't hear him because I was a little too distracted by the hot new teacher who was getting the tour.”

Gerard smiled. "And I was kicking myself for lusting after my student." His smile slowly faded as he seemed to remember something. “No one has ever captivated me the way you have,” he whispered, glancing at her as they continued walking. “I wanted you so much…in so many ways.”

“What ways?” Naomi asked in confusion.

Gerard stopped, her question echoing in his head with so much uncertainty. He slowly turned her to face him before he spoke. “Did you think it was just sexual?”

Naomi bit her lip, avoiding his eyes as she nodded. “Most of the time…yeah. Isn’t that what you thought? Isn’t that what it was?”

“No,” Gerard whispered, shaking his head as he looked at her, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. “That was something so unexpected that I…it was something precious that you allowed me to be a part of.”

“What are you saying?”

“Our first kiss…I started falling in love with you. I denied it. I wrote if off as a lust-filled moment, but it wasn't. It was one of the mosttender moments I've ever experienced in my life. I would have been grateful for anything we could have shared together, and when we actually made love…”

“I wouldn’t call our first time together ‘making love’,” Naomi said with a grin, trying to lighten the mood.

“Every time we’ve been together we’ve made love,” he whispered, looking into her eyes before slipping his hand behind her neck and meeting her lips with his.

Pulling away after a moment, his other hand caressed her cheek and loosely clasped behind her neck. “Have you made a decision?” he asked, his eyes locked on hers, trying to convey the depth of his emotions.

“Mom told you?”

“Yeah,” he said softly. “It was a surprise.”

“I would have told you, but…”

“I know,” Gerard whispered. “Our last meeting didn’t exactly go the way I had planned.” He smiled before reconsidering his response. “Well…the first part did.”

Naomi lightly smacked his chest, feeling a thrill rush through her when his hands slid down to her waist, pulling her closer to him. “You know if I go, I won’t keep Mikey from you. You do know that, right?”

“Are you going?” Gerard asked, a nervous tremor making its way into his voice.

“What do you want me to do?” Naomi asked, her eyes wide as she looked athim.

Gerard considered his answer for a long minute before taking a deep breath.
“I want you to be happy,” he whispered, his hand trailing over her cheek. “I’ve taken so much away from you, I just want you to be happy.”

Naomi stared at him in shock. “Gee, you haven’t taken anything away from-“

“You’re not going to convince me otherwise, Naomi,” Gerard said softly. He took a deep breath before pressing his lips to hers in a loving kiss, trying
to tell her everything he ever wanted to tell her as his lips brushed against hers. Pulling back, he pressed his forehead against hers, holding
his tears at bay as he spoke.
“Do whatever makes you happy, sugar.”

------------
*Sobs* I.. I.. THIS ISNT FAIR! The two teens in HsD's are all horny and loved up! WHY CANT YOU TWO BE THE SAME!
So much drama.. So little time.. Anyway. Comment?