‹ Prequel: Guilty Pleasures
Status: Complete

An Old Beginning

Chapter 28

Naomi shut the door behind her as she left the room, surprised to see Gerard
standing there with Michael. Gerard's eyes widened as he took in the black dress. The neckline showing an impressive amount of cleavage.

Gee. Say something you idiot! Don't just stare! Dear gosh.
This. Is. Why. Your. Name. Rymes. With RETARD! Say something!


“You look beautiful,” he whispered.

Smooth.

“Well, I lucked out,” Naomi said shyly. “Jo tried to put me in a radioactive green dress, but I told her I would be the one objecting during the ceremony if she even attempted it.”

Gerard laughed as Michael squirmed in his arms, trying to reach his mother. Naomi took the small boy, smiling at the tiny tuxedo he was wearing before turning back to Gerard. “You look pretty good yourself,” she said with a smile, taking in his all black ensemble.

Gerard nervously straightened his tie. “Thanks,” he murmured. “I think they’re about ready to begin.”

Naomi nodded, reluctantly tearing her eyes away from him as they slowly walked down the hallway. Gerard looked at the crowd of people, all shifting in their seats as they waited for the ceremony to begin.

“I better go sit down.”

Naomi saw Pete moving into position as she nodded, sitting Michael in the little red wagon, decorated with flowers. He was going to be wheeled down the aisle, and Jo had even thought ahead and put a bowl of Cheerios next to it so he would be preoccupied throughout the wedding.

“I’ll see you at the reception,” Naomi said softly.

Gerard was about to respond when a soft noise brought there attention to the wagon. Michael smiled up at his parents with a toothy grin before pointing at Gerard. “Da da.”

Naomi's mouth dropped open as Gerard's eyes widened in shock. “Yeah, Little Mikes,” he said softly, crouching down to leave a kiss on the top of his son’s head. “I’m your daddy.”

Naomi fought more tears as Gerard straightened, swallowing the lump in his throat. “I better go before Jo chases me away.”

“Yeah,” she agreed with a smile.

Naomi was surprised when his lips met hers in a gentle kiss. Her mind reeled, trying to remember if this was the first time he’d kissed her in such a public place. She quickly made her brain go on autopilot, letting the soft caresses of his lips make her forget everything except the way his lips felt against hers. Pulling away after a moment, Gerard looked into her eyes, giving her a soft smile as his hand trailed along her cheek.

“Save me a dance,” he murmured before walking away.

Naomi took a shaky breath as she watched him take his seat. “Always.”

--------
So sue me! I wanted a mushy bit!