‹ Prequel: Guilty Pleasures
Status: Complete

An Old Beginning

Chapter 34

Two hours earlier

“Are you sure about this?” Gerard asked, cupping her face in his hand as they both fought back tears.

“No,” she said with a soft smile as she shrugged. “That’s kind of the point.”

Gerard nodded, feeling the all-too-familiar lump in his throat.

“I’ll see you in a week, when you bring Michael,” she said softly. “Everything will work itself out.”

“Even us?”

Naomi looked away, biting her lip. “Is there an ‘us’?” she asked, genuinely uncertain about the answer. “Is that what you want?”

“I love you, Nae,” he whispered, avoiding the question completely before running his hands through her hair and holding her in place as he left a tender kiss on her lips.

They pulled away after a moment, tears in both their eyes. “I love you, too.”

Gerard looked away, letting his hands fall away from her and immediately feeling the loneliness set in. He couldn’t ask her to stay. He couldn’t ask her to give up what she wanted, just for his own selfish needs. But it still didn’t tell him why things ended up the way they were.

--------
It's not the end yet! Don't fret! <- Ha. Little ryme.
Also.
If any of my readers wish to speak to me, via MSN.
I made a new one.. Just for my readers =D
So add me on :
Naenae.x@hotmail.co.uk

(Just tell me who you are first =D)