‹ Prequel: Guilty Pleasures
Status: Complete

An Old Beginning

Chapter 6

“So how did it go last night?” Jo asked from the other side of the curtain that acted as a dressing room. “Considering Gerard ran after you like his hair was on fire.”

Naomi smiled at her choice of words before speaking. “Well, let’s see…the man who is the father of my child chased after me to confront me in an alley and confess his love for me but didn’t even mention the child he’s never seen. So, peachy with a side of keen, that would be me.”

“Well, to be fair, Nae…it’s like you said, he’s never seen Mikey,”
Jo called out. “Not that I’m saying it’s right,” she added as an afterthought. “It’s just I think you were his first priority.”

“I guess,” Naomi said softly.

“So what are the chances that you two will-“

“Jo, don’t you dare finish that sentence,” Naomi said, pacing around the dressing area, watching the reflection of three other Naomi's pace with her as she walked in front of the mirrors. “You know things are different now. You can’t just go back to the way things were, and I…I wouldn’t want to.”

“Really?”

“Things are different now,” Naomi repeated in a much softer voice, her resolve cracking.

Jo decided to drop the subject as she opened the curtain. Naomi gasped at the sight of the blonde. Her hair spilled around her shoulders in soft curls, the white A-line dress accentuating all of her best features.

“Oh my God, Jordii, you look gorgeous!”

“Really?” Jo asked nervously as she walked over to the mirrors to examine her reflection.

“Yes ‘really’! You look stunning! Petey's not going to know what hit him.”

“What about my hair?” Jo asked, gathering it up at the base of her neck. “I was thinking about wearing it up.”

“Don’t you dare,” Naomi said with a smile. “The curls are perfect with that dress. Oh, I can’t believe in a week you’re going to be married,” she continued with tears in her eyes. “It’s just too much.”

“Don’t you start crying, Naomi Hackett, or I will have to kill you for making me cry.”

Naomi laughed at her friend, brushing the tears away as the seamstress walked up. “You look lovely, Miss Cartwright. Let’s get these final alterations, and then we’ll see to Miss Hackett.”

“Ooh, I haven’t even seen my dress,” Naomi said excitedly. “You don’t have me in some lovely little radioactive number, do you?” she asked with a wicked grin.

“No, but now that you mention it, I still think something in green would be good for your skin tone. You know, they say you’re supposed to make the bridesmaids look horrible so the focus is on the bride.”

Naomi laughed. “I guarantee the focus will be on you,” she assured her friend. “I’ll just be the window dressing.”

“You couldn’t be window dressing even if you tried,” Jo said with a laugh.

“Well then, don’t put me in anything too horrible or I’ll be taking the focus off you, but not in a good way.”

“Don’t worry,” Jo said with a smile. “You’ll be wearing a tastefully simple black dress.”

“Sounds good to me,” Naomi said, sitting down in one of the plush chairs and flipping through a bridal magazine.
-------
Just a filler. Im working on number 7+8 as we speak =)