‹ Prequel: Guilty Pleasures
Status: Complete

An Old Beginning

Chapter 7

Both were quiet for a few minutes until the seamstress walked away to get some more pins.

“Nae,” Jo said quietly. “I have a confession to make.”

Naomi put down the magazine, worried from Jo's quiet tone. “What is it, Jo?”

“Well, you know how Mikey is the ring bearer?”

“Considering he’s my son, yes, Jo, I know that he’s in the wedding,” Naomi said with a smile. “Even if he is a little young.”

“He’ll be adorable,” Jo said, waving her hand dismissively. “But actually…I kind of invited Gerard.”

Naomi eyes widened as her heart rate skyrocketed. “What?”

“Well, his son is in the wedding. I thought it would be the nice thing to do,” Jo said in a meek voice.

“A son he’s never seen, Jo.”

“Now to be fair-“

“Yes, Jordii, I know that I’ve never given him a reason to see him, but that’s not the point! He hasn’t seen him for the past eighteen months, why would he care to see him in the wedding?”

“If you want me to uninvite him, I will.”

Naomi took a deep breath, knowing that she was being selfish. “No, don’t do that. I don’t want you to have to worry about hurting his feelings just because I’m acting like a teenager.”

“To be fair, you were a teenager just a few months ago,” Jo said with a smile, giggling when Naomi picked up a discarded veil and threw it at her friend.

--------
Again, very short. So sorry =(