‹ Prequel: Guilty Pleasures
Status: Complete

An Old Beginning

Chapter 9

The two men were locked in a staring contest for several long moments, neither offering to shake the other’s hand, not wanting to get close enough to touch each other. Unless it was a violent touch, that is. This thought almost brought a smile to both faces.

“Gerard,” Billie finally said, as if he was thinking about the name, even though he recognized it the second it left Naomi's lips. “Michael’s…”

“Mikey's dad,” Naomi said softly as Billie's arm went around her waist in a possessive hold.

“Michael’s father,” Billie corrected, his eyes clashing with Gerard's.

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?!”

“Have you been there from the beginning?” Billie challenged as Gerard clenched his jaw, narrowing his eyes.

“I was there for the conception,” Gerard replied in a deadly tone as he took a step closer to the other man.

“Yeah,” Bilie said with a glower. “And guess who’s there now?”

“That’s enough,” Naomi said in a low voice. Both immediately shut up, not wanting to be on her bad side. “Billie, go inside, I’ll be there in a minute.”

“Naomi, I don’t think-“

“I said go!” she said forcefully as she pushed Billie away from her.

“Is Michael here?” he asked with a smile that was obviously for Gerard's benefit.

Naomi sighed, giving him a look. “Yes, he is,” she replied. “Mom was watching him this morning.”

“Great,” Billie replied, giving her a kiss on the cheek before turning to
Gerard. With one final glare, he left Naomi and Gerard alone.

---------
Mehehehe. Damn right he was there for the conception ;]