Falling for You

Best Friends Forever

I rushed around the house looking for my earring. "Where is it? Where is it?" I mumbled to myself as I rummaged through my jewelry boxes and drawers just to find out it was in my hand the whole time. . . Why was I getting so worked up about my date with Dougie? I mean, he's my best friend, is that why I wanted to make such a good impression? He's already seen me at my worst and at my best. "Ello?" I answered as my phone buzzed in my pocket.

"Hey, love, you almost ready? Because I'm almost at your house. . . if you changed your mind I totally understand, I can turn around and--"

"Dougie!" He took a deep breath. "Calm down, I'm ready." I laughed.

"Really?! You still want to go? Jack pot! okay, I'm pulling into your driveway now." He hung up and I smiled at his enthusiasm. It was kinda cute. I heard the horn blow and I grabbed my purse to meet Dougie outside. He greeted me with a big bear hug, then turned around and handed me a dozen roses as a heart shaped box of chocolates.

"Wow. . . this is so. . ."

"Romantic?" His face lit up.

"Cheesy." I corrected and his face fell.

"Tom told me it would work. Last time I listen to his bloody 'good' advice." He mumbled.

"I love them though." His smile returned. "I'll go put these in some water and I'll be right back." I took the flowers and chocolate from him and walked back inside, but not before kissing his cheek. I set the chocolate down and looked for a vase for the roses. I grabbed my favourite vase from under the sink and placed the roses in it and looked at them for a minute.

"Jen? You okay in here?" Dougie's voice came from behind me. "Oh, so you do like the roses." He smiled slyly.

"I love them." I admitted wrapping my arms around his neck, hugging him. "Thanks." I whispered in his ear. He kissed my cheek and it sent shivers down my spine, the good kind.

"Come on, we'll be late." I held him out at arm's length.

"You agreed, only dinner."

"I lied." He shrugged and we went out to his car.

(Dougie's POV)

Jenny and I ran into the theater, hand in hand, to get out of the rain. "Two for Memories please."

"That's not even a movie." She whispered.

"Mr. Poynter?" I nodded. "Right this way, sir."

"What did you do?" She whispered to me. I smiled and took her hand again. The man led us out to the ally in the back where there was a table set up with two glasses, a bottle of wine, and two plates of food.

"Thank you, sir. We'll be fine from here. Oh, and if you don't mind, can you please press play?" The man nodded without a word and pressed 'play' on the DVD player. The words "A Flim By Dougie Poynter" came across the wall and Jenny looked at me. I smiled and said "Watch, eat, and enjoy." She took a bite of her chicken and turned to face the wall. The first thing that popped up was a picture of Jenny and I when we were two. A smiled instantly spread across her beautiful face, and ten minutes into the film she wiped a tear from her eye. "Are you crying?" I held back a laugh.

"No!" Her voice cracked giving her away. She sighed in defeat. "Okay, fine I'm crying. I can't believe you did this."

"Oh, it gets better, we're not even fifteen yet." I laughed. Her eyes grew wide.

"No! No! No!" She hid her face in her hands and I burst out laughing as her least favourite picture of us came across the screen. She had blond, curly hair (a beauty experiment of hers) and braces and I was standing next to her giving her bunny ears. I loved that picture, it was one of the few times she actually allowed my mom to take our picture together. Then the most recent picture came across the screen.

"You can look now, it's gone." I laughed. She reached across the table and punched my arm as hard as she could. "Ouch!" I laughed again.

"You hate me!" She joked.

"No, I don't. I love you." She rolled her eyes and looked at the last picture. It was the one we took yesterday, she was kissing my cheek and I was making one of my usual funny faces. "Jenny and Dougie, Best Friends Forever." went across the wall and it ended.

"That was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me, Dougie. Thank you." She smiled and returned to her chicken, It's now or never Dougie.

"Jenny?"

"Yeah?" She said through a mouthful of chicken.

"I. . . I'm in love with you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been forever guys! I was grounded :(
comment? Subscribe? Thanks!
XxX
~Lindsay