Sequel: Amethyst Moon
Status: Completed

Keeper of Cerberus

"He Died..."

'My laps in judgment nearly cost the children their lives,' she thought looking down at her left hand which had been clamped over the wound. Blood coated it as she replaced it again.
"You have been cut into pretty good," Beret said.
Faye looked at him out of the corner of narrowed ice blue eyes. She was panting softly and losing blood. Suddenly she saw the dragon come up over the buildings, "move...now!" She leapt away with the others just in time to evade the blast. A wolf jumped up and clung to the dragons head. It spoke in Zack's voice; Faye knew he had taken wolf form to watch over Cloud, "You must change Fye!"
She shook her head, "No! She will kill them!"
"You are bleeding to death!" The wolf scolded her for her stupidity. She wanted to panic but she had lost that long ago. She turned toward Cloud, "get everyone far away!" Cloud nodded and hurried them all away. When they were far enough away she gave in to the darkness in the back of her mind.

They had stopped and turned in time to see what seemed like a reversed explosion of light. Light was drawn toward where Faye had been. Then it exploded outward into darkness. They watched as the dragon cried out in fear and then slowly it began to sink into the ground. The children clung to Vincent who had allowed them to hide beneath his cloak. He rested his hand atop Marlene's head in reassurance. When the light returned to the area, they all started back toward the bar.

Neneki walked along side Vincent, as they neared the children went with Tifa inside. Ahead they could see Faye bent over and staggering but still standing, the dust began to clear away and then she fell. She lay in a heap on the ground unmoving as they approached. "She is alive," Neneki said as Vincent rolled the woman onto her back. Her eyes were open but glazed and hazy. Blood had dried on her pail face and flaked a little. Vincent lifted her gently, expecting her to curl against him, but her body went limp in his arms. "She is in a state of paralysis let's hope it wears off soon," Neneki said as he followed Vincent into the bar. Vincent took her up the stairs to the room she was to stay in.

She followed him with her now color fading blue eyes, until the door shut him out. 'Why didn't it hurt this time?' Faye tested her fingers, but they did not respond.
'Because you were already numb, your body was starting to die, I did not have to force my way out,' Shadow replied in her icy smooth voice, 'so this man Valentine, he is not the same man I see in your memories.'
'He died, Crescent must have done something to him, or maybe Hojo, besides… he never had eyes for me like he did her,' Faye grumbled working her muscles.

'He had eyes for you, but you were her experiment, and he could do nothing about that, so he pushed that away and masked it with feelings for her… not to mention he wouldn't remember you, I mean you don't look like you used to,' Shadow sighed.
Faye saw images of a girl with long curling black hair and glittering dark green eyes. 'Nearly 20 years in a tube of pure mako will have side affects,' Faye too sighed. Her eyes had returned to grey and she now let them trace the room, there was the wolf she knew was Zack.
"You will be able to move within the half hour," he said staring at her. She let her eyes close and began to work her muscles back to life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its a little short