Sequel: Amethyst Moon
Status: Completed

Keeper of Cerberus

"Your Good Ace."

"Do you see anything?" She asked looking back over her shoulder to see their faces.
"Nothing… when did you get a tattoo?" Beret questioned his eyes tracing over the pair of intricate tribal wings that spread over her shoulder blades.
"A reminder… I guess you could call it," She said. Vincent glanced at the tattoo as he passed again.
"You didn't have to waist your energy on me…" Faye mumbled to him her voice remaining cool.
"Don't worry Vincent is good at it," Yuffie smiled at her.
Faye turned toward Tifa, "Tifa I will need to barrow your washer, and a temporary shirt replacement till I can get out and buy my own."
Tifa nodded and motioned her to follow her up the stairs.

Faye reappeared in a small black shirt, and a pair of matching shorts, her right hand gun handing at her side. "Amaya, I must look for Wrath…" Faye said as she paused by the door, "I will return shortly."
Vincent stood and followed her out the door silently.
Cloud smirked when he saw Vincent trail her outside. Turning back to Cid they resumed their drinking game.
Tifa turned her attention to Cloud and Cid, "It's not even lunch time and the two of you are drinking?"
Cid grinned, "I'm sure it is somewhere darlin'."

Outside Faye had her hand curled around what was left of her pistol. "Bastard…" she mumbled and stood. "You know Mr. Valentine you are not as sneaky as you think," She said as his sent followed the breeze and caught her nose.
"I am not trying to be sneaky," his deep voice replied, "Did you find the gun?"
Faye turned to him and threw the grip and mangled remnants of metal at him.
He caught it and examined it.
"Does not matter, I only need one," Faye said moving toward him.

He tensed at her approach keeping his face hidden behind his high collar. His eyes peaked from behind his hair to look at her.
She let her eyes flash momentarily at him and stopped a few feet from him, "how is your bruise?"
"Gone," He offered in return.
She nodded, "you are good Ace." With that she walked back toward the bar.
Vincent took the remains of the gun in with him and tossed it away.

Once inside Faye stopped and turned to look at Vincent, "Let me have your cloak."
Vincent narrowed his eyes at her.
"I think it right I should fix the damage done," Faye extended her hand for it.
He removed it and handed it over watching as she walked the stairs to her room.
Cloud came in and sat next to him, "What is your interest in her?"
"She is curious… something about her is familiar…" Vincent mumbled crossing his arms over his chest.
Cloud laughed when a drunken Cid called out, "She is fuckin' sexy!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this is the shortest one yet ><!