Sequel: Amethyst Moon
Status: Completed

Keeper of Cerberus

Something To Do

He looked up at her suspiciously as if trying to figure out what she was getting at, but he handed over his pistol.
She looked it over. The gun was heavy in her hands, much more so than her own. She pointed it at the far wall and found it to be rock steady, and she knew just how deadly it could be in the hands of its master. Faye broke it open and spun the cylinders, she took notice that one stuck. " The cylinder is sticking," she told him noting the way he watched her. "May I fix it?" she questioned cautiously.
He narrowed his crimson orbs at her.
"Please for God sakes just give me something to do!" She seemed a little desperate.
He eyed her still unsure of his trust for her.
"You can keep Hell Raiser for collateral," she said. He thought for a moment before getting up and walking out the door, her pistol gripped loosely in hand.

Faye ran up the stairs to her room, and returned with a box in hand. Taking up Vincent's spot she opened the box and sat the gun before her on the table. She began to carefully dismantle the finely crafted weapon.

Cid finally managed to get the chair up on two legs, only to come crashing down, sending the objects flying. The bouncy ball flew right for Faye. "Fye watch out!" Amaya called.
Faye caught the ball in her free hand before it could send any pieces of Cerberus flying, without even looking up. "You cause something to go missing Vincent would kill me, then I would come back to kill you," she mumbled as she tossed the ball to Amaya and went back to cleaning the gun laid out on the table in front of her.

Cloud and Tifa watched Faye as she cleaned and polished each piece of Vincent's weapon with delicate care. "She has such an interest in him…" Tifa mumbled.
Cloud nodded, "they are still unsure of each other."

Faye found her mind wandering as she worked. For the past few weeks she found herself plagued by his image, not as he was, but as she saw him now. Her heart ached for what she had with him before he disappeared. She pushed this away when he came back through the door. She had finished a few minutes earlier and now the gun was polished and fine tuned. She closed her kit of tools and stood holding the gun with her free hand. He came straight toward her. "Finished, the cylinders shouldn't stick any more, I cleaned all three barrels while I was at it," she said handing him the gun.

He looked it over, she had done more than fixing the cylinder and cleaning the barrels, she had cleaned everything, and polished it to a brilliant shine.
"You are skilled at many things Slinger," he told her.
She looked away to hide her blush from him. 'What is that about?' she scolded herself for blushing. Something was pushed into her hands and she turned to find a box. Vincent was no where in site. She looked over at Cloud who was staring at her and the box. She was confused greatly.