Sequel: Amethyst Moon
Status: Completed

Keeper of Cerberus

Shin-Ra Beckons

They both wore suites of black, she knew in an instant they were Shin-Ra Turks. Before anyone could see her move, Faye had drawn Hell Raiser and one of the spares at her belt. She stood behind them the barrels of the gun pressed tight against their heads. "Speak or I put a bullet in your brain," her voice came out ringing cold.
The red head put his hands in the air, "Whoa, Whoa, Sister! Calm down." Faye had a distaste for Turks after having been ignored by every single one that came into the labs so long ago.

The bald one with sunglasses and many peircing was reaching for his weapon, but Faye nudged him with the barrel of her spare gun, "Get yout hand away fast enough and I will even give you a head start." His hand fell away with a slight grumble.
"Nice reaction Faye, but its ok they are ok," Tifa spoke up, the worry of her killing one of them finaly breaking the surface.
"That's good, because it would be a shame to waist a bullet on a Turk," she moved between the two and put her guns away.

"Damn! You got a good one, and she cute too!" the red head exclaimed.
"Reno, shut up before she kills you, Rude what's up?" Cloud stepped in to speak with them.
"Some problems in the area, President Shin-Ra would like to see all of AVALANCHE," the bald Turk stated.
Faye stood, "I will find Nanaki and Valentine."
"Meet us there?" Amaya asked.
Faye nodded, "I expect he is still at the Healin Lodge," She pulled her trench coat on and buckled it. Faye left without another word.
"She is a wild one," Reno commented.
"To much for you to handle slick," Amaya giggled.
"Besides, I think she has her eyes on a certin gunman," Cid said with a grin.

Fay followed their scents. First she came upon the great red feline laying lazily in the tall grass of a field on the outskirts of town. She layed out next to him. "What has sent you looking for me?" His voice was gentle and soothing.
"Shin-Ra," Faye said with a sigh.
"He can wait, I have not spoken to the human cub of my family in a long time," the cat sprawled over her stomach. She rubbed her hand over the silky red fur, her fingers tracing the feathers in his short mane.

"What have you been doing?"Nanaki pushed his large head against hers.
"Blending into memories…" She replied, "I basicaly dropped into nonexistance, and avoided anythign that would bering me back into reality."
Nanaki nodded, "have you been well?"
"I am now," she sighed relaxing into the tall grasses that smelled of sweet nectors.

They stayed there, speaking quietly about many things, laying out in the grass like they used to when they were back at the place Red called home. Nanaki had always been the closest thing to a father she had ever had, spending long,lazy hours laying in the grass talking. She knew him before anyone else, after all he had been the one to find her after her escape. He took car of herand introduced her to Cloud, Zack, and Aeris. She had even told him her secret, and he had kept it to himself.

Faye glanced up at the suns position, "They will not be happy if we do not arive." Nanaki stood, allowing her to sit up. "I will be there shortly Nana," she rubber her hand along his fur. He had never enjoyed being petted, but he allowed her to do it, it seemed to comfort her, and in turn it made him feel better. He nodded and turned away.

Faye was now in persuit of Vincent. His scent was strong in her nose and she felt his energy. Just past the edge of the Forgotten City she caught up with him. "Valentine," she called from her perch upside down on a branch. Vincent turned just in time to see her land gracefully on her feet. He noticed she wore his gife, and felt contempt enfold him.