Sequel: Amethyst Moon
Status: Completed

Keeper of Cerberus

He is Alive

Faye jolted with the teeth rattling slam of the door to the room next to hers. She got to her feet groggily and walked toward the door. She tripped over the rug on the floor, and being so tired she didn't even try to catch herself she fell in a heap.
"Fye?" Cid's voice called from outside her door.
"It's alright… the floor broke my fall," she replied in a tone that hinted at her drag ass mind set.
Cid chuckled and left to do whatever he was doing.
Faye stood and with a careful step moved into the hallway.

"Maya… I am respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my place as your friend by coming in anyways," Faye called into the thick wood of the door that separated her from her friend. She pushed her way into the room and examined the scene of Amaya sprawled over the bed. "What has you so upset?" she asked as she seated herself on the edge of the bed.

"Vincent…. Gr he is such an ass!" She snapped as she slammed her fist into the bed as hard as she could, "He doesn't care about anything."
Faye tilted her head slightly.
"He doesn't even care that you lost your soul mate," Amaya sniffled.
Faye chuckled softly, "I did not lose him."
"Well he died," Amaya corrected herself.
"Oh surely to your surprise as well as mine I assure you he lives," Faye's voice dropped.
Amaya sat bolt upright, "What?! How?"

Faye paused and dug into her pocket. She drew out the end of a silver chain. On the opposite end was a locket of cut sapphire circled with silver. She broke it open and her heart roared to life suddenly. It made her dizzy, listening to the sound of her heart beating wildly. Inside were two pictures, on one side a man and woman standing against a large tree, on the other was a man in his early twenties. His jet black hair was long enough to sweep his strong but elegant jaw line, his bangs half hiding his bright crimson eyes. A bright, heart fluttering smile showed off perfect white teeth.
"That is the man who owns my heart," Faye said sadly.
"He is stunning…" Amaya mumbled, "he reminds me of Vincent with short hair."
"I would hope so, " Faye sighed.
"What do you mean?" Amaya tilted her head to the side.
"That … is Valentine…" Faye nearly choked on her own words.