Nightmare Dreams

Nobody's Home

I woke up again with a jump. "The dream", I whispered to myself. It was the same dream I've had for the last three years except, there was another new part to the dream.

The kiss.

I walked to the bathroom to wash my face. I look at myself, I was becoming paler each day due to the lack of sleep. It was 8 o'clock. Maybe Jacob will be awake, I thought. Jacob has been my best friend since I was 12 and now I was 21. I grabbed a towel from my closet and placed on the door. I peeled off my PJ's and turn on the shower, stepping into the warm mist. I felt the water wash away all the worry, allowing my muscles to relax.

I heard a knock at the door. I turned the water off and wrapped the towel around myself. My hair dripping wet, I walked across the cold, hard wood floor the the door. I looked through the peep hole in the center of the door. "Of course", I mumbled. I opened the door and in walked Jake. "Hey Sta...", he trailed off noticing I was only in a towel. I felt myself blush. He clamped his eyes shut. "Do you mind?!", he said in a strange tone. I giggled, "I'll be right back!", I ran into my room and threw on a pair of jeans, light blue and dark blue socks, and a Taking Back Sunday shirt.

I skipped into the other room and twirled. "Better?", I asked. He laughed, "Much". He was sitting on the couch. I hopped onto the it and placed my feet on his lap. He twitched a little at my touch. "Whats up?", I asked him, he usually pounced on my or started tickling me. "Nothing", he said. "Jake! Common! I know when you're not yourself!", I said. He turned and looked at me straight in the eye, he opened his mouth to say something but closed it right away. He quickly got up off the couch, and walked toward the door. "Sorry Stacey, I gotta go. I'll see you later, Okay", he said in a quiet voice and walked out the door.

"Jacob?", I said aloud to the empty room. What the hell just happened?