Status: Complete.

You Leave Me Breathless

Slut

[Trinity]

I woke up abnormally early the next morning, and was unable to get back to sleep. With a groan, I threw Mikey’s arm off me, stumbling out of bed. I pulled on my white silk gown and left my bedroom, heading down the corridor. A shot of something will wake me up, I know it. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of Jim that was conveniently lying on the side, and unscrewed the cap.

“Happy Tuesday,” I mumbled

Throwing my head back, I took a huge mouthful of the whisky, before putting the bottle back on the side and swallowing with a grimace. What? It’s only 9am! Coughing slightly, I smiled. Not a bad way to wake up, actually. Especially after a heavy night with Ruby. Speaking of Ruby...

...I noticed the spare bedroom door was open. Walking over, there was a lipstick message scrawled on the door.

‘Thanks for letting me stay, chicas. I’m off to see Jack, Ivan and Sam in Connecticut. I approve of your bitches – don’t do anything I wouldn’t! See you some point in the future. Adios, Ruby xoxo’

I rolled my eyes, but smiled at our friend’s scatty nature. I didn’t doubt that we wouldn’t see her for a year or a couple of years – that’s just how she is. Then the apartment phone started ringing loudly, making my hangover kick in.

“Motherfucker, what do you want?” I growled as I picked it up

“Er, hi Trinity, it’s Connor. I need Peyton to work tonight as Matt’s got food poisoning. I would ask you as well, but you covered Drew’s shift last week. Can you let her know?” our boss asked

“Yeah sure. Can I go back to bed now?” I yawned

“After you tell Peyton, yes,” Connor chuckled

“You’re mean. Fine,” I grumbled playfully

“See you tomorrow Trinity!” Connor laughed

I hung up the phone with a sigh. Peyton would not be pleased with an extra shift. Oh well. It could be fun to wake her up with this news. With the relish of inflicting nuisance, I practically skipped down the hallway, and flung open Peyton’s door.

Only to see naked Peyton straddling naked Frank.

I burst out laughing and shut the door again, Frank’s shriek only fuelling my amusement. A couple of seconds later, Peyton reopened her door dressed in Frank’s shirt, an unamused expression on her face.

“This had better be important,” she muttered, her blue eyes flashing dangerously

“Connor just rang – he needs you to work tonight. Matt’s ill,” I said cheerfully

Peyton scowled and punched the wall, before slamming her bedroom door shut. I vaguely heard her growl at Frank as I left. Well, at least she can take out her frustration on him. Skipping back down the corridor, I went into my bedroom with a cheerful smile and closed the door, before getting back into bed with Mikey.

“You’re smiling...what did you do?” Mikey groaned

“Interrupted Peyton and Frank having sex,” I sighed simply, nestling into his arms

“Oh. Fair enough. You going back to sleep?” Mikey chuckled

“Mmhmm,” I nodded sleepily

Mikey smiled and pressed a tender kiss to my forehead, before closing his eyes. Soon enough we were both back asleep.

*

Trinity: Mmhmm, duck is way better than chicken
Mikey: Are you kidding me? Chicken is the best Chinese dish ever!
Trinity: Boy, you are out of your mind!

Yes, although Mikey and I had spent most of the day together, we were now having one of those very fluffy, gag-inducing, coupley 3am phonecalls. As much as I used to tease my sister for having many of these types of calls as we grew up, I just couldn’t help it with Mikey. He was making me weak.

Mikey: I know for a fact that anyone will say chicken is better
Trinity: I know at least two others that won’t agree with you
Mikey: Oh yeah? Who?
Trinity: Frank and Peyton
Mikey: Oh that’s totally unfair! Frank doesn’t eat meat and Peyton only eats it occassionally!
Trinity: They won’t agree with you though, will they?

I laughed as Mikey grumbled. I love winning arguments. Just then, the front door opened, and Peyton’s voice floated into the apartment. But it wasn’t only hers. Drew was here too.

Trinity: Er, Mikes, I’ve got to go. Peyton just got in and she’s...drunk. Got to help her!
Mikey: Haha, okay. See you tomorrow. Goodnight!
Trinity: Yeah, goodnight

I hung up the phone quickly, running out of my room and over to the front door. Sure enough, Peyton and Drew were heavily embracing against the now-closed front door. I cleared my throat, making them break apart.

“Drew, leave,” I barked

“What?” he asked, confused

“Leave,” I repeated through gritted teeth

Drew raised an eyebrow, but kissed Peyton one last time before leaving the apartment. I turned my glare to my sister, folding my arms over my chest.

“How could you be so stupid? Bringing Drew back here?” I hissed

*

[Peyton]

“How could you be so stupid? Bringing Drew back here?” Trinity hissed

“Excuse me?” I scoffed

“I was on the phone with Mikey. You’re just lucky he wasn’t here like he has been all day. I had to save your ass just now, I hope you know,” Trinity sneered

“Oh big whoop, so I’m fucking two guys,” I muttered, rolling my eyes

“I can’t believe you’re still sleeping with both of them. You’re leading them on, Peyton. Before Newark you would never have done this! We break hearts, but we aren’t whores! They’re both going to get too attached, and it’ll just end up in a huge mess. I’m trying to look out for you, and all you’re doing is dragging our name in the dirt,” Trinity spat

“You’re not my mother! Stop acting like it!” I exasperated

Oh how I wish I could take back my words. Trinity looked like she’d just been slapped, and guilt immediately washed over me.

“Trin, I didn’t mean that,” I mumbled

“Save your words, slut,” Trinity said coldly

Tears welled up in my eyes as Trinity stormed back to her room, slamming the door. I crumpled to the floor. Save your words, slut. Trinity’s words stung me like a bullet. She’s right. I am a slut. I’m leading both Frank and Drew on, and I’m hurting both of them. Until now I didn’t realise I was hurting myself too.

But what am I going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
uh oh...
Over-reaction from Trinity? Or was Peyton just being a complete ass?
Let's hope they can't sort out their problems soon!

Pleeeeeeeeeease comment!
I really appreciate everyone that does!

xo