Status: Complete.

You Leave Me Breathless

Attention

[Peyton]

A few days had passed since my date with Frank, making it Monday. We’d talked quite a lot on the phone, and I found myself falling for him. Just like I said I wouldn’t. Damn it. I don’t think Trinity’s realised how much I like him yet, thankfully. That would just be a fucking nightmare. Then again, she’s been talking to Mikey quite a lot, so she can’t criticise.

Neither me or Trinity were meant to be working tonight, but Drew called in sick, so Connor asked us both to work. Something about several stag nights going on in the town, meaning the bar would be busy. Eh, not like I care – more money for us! So at a little after 7pm I quickly got dressed into a denim mini-skirt and low-cut purple vest top, slipping on my favourite white heels.

“Hey, Trin! You nearly ready?” I called down the hallway

“I can’t decide what to wear! I swear I’m going to fuck up Connor’s face for springing this shift on us!” she yelled back

I chuckled, walking from my room to her room. Standing in the doorway, I had to bite my bottom lip to stop the laughter spilling out. Her room was a bombsite. Clothes were everywhere – I'm surprised she has any left in her closet.

“Trin, sit your fat ass down. I’ll pick you an outfit,” I giggled

Trinity sighed in defeat, flopping down onto her small couch. Rooting around on the floor, I picked up an emerald high-waisted skirt, a black spaghetti top, and a pair of black heels. Thrusting them in Trinity’s hands, I pushed her into her bathroom.

“You’ve got half an hour before our shifts start – hurry up!” I instructed

“Thanks!” Trinity grumbled

I just chuckled, rolling my eyes. It wasn’t often that my sister had an off day, but I just hoped this would be the end of it. Fuck knows we don’t need any trouble tonight.

*

[30 minutes later]

Trinity and I strutted into the bar through the back entrance, only just on time. Connor smiled at us gratefully from his office as we walked past. He looked away before he saw Trinity’s middle finger. I quickly pushed her out the front, glad for Tori, Kim and Matt already being out there. They saw the perma-scowl on Trinity’s face as she went to her preferred end of the bar, and turned to me.

“She’s having an off day. If she’s starts cussing a lot, step away. Trust me. I’ll try to keep an eye on her, but if she gets aggressive towards customers, then send her out the back to calm down. Her violence on an off day is not something you want to see,” I warned softly

“How bad can it be?” Matt scoffed, glancing over his shoulder

“She sent a guy to hospital last time she worked on an off day. He was bigger than Drew,” I said monotonally

Matt immediately paled and nodded furiously. Then the front doors opened, and the security guards Bruce and Phil took their stations.

“Look alive people!” Tori whooped

[4 hours later]

It was a little after 10pm, and I’m bored out of my mind. Not that the bar isn’t busy, there are loadsa people in here. They just weren’t buying drinks. Matt had gotten so bored that he’d gone out of the back to restock. Even though nothing particularly needed restocking. Then Connor marched out the front, Matt walking sheepishly behind him.

“Why is he not on the bar?” Connor demanded

“No-one’s buying drinks. He went to look for something to do,” Kim shrugged, picking at her nails

“What do you mean-”

Then Connor looked out into the bar, and groaned. He bit his lip, looking down at the floor for a few seconds, before looking up at Tori and Kim.

“Oh no, you said we wouldn’t have to do it again!” Tori whined

“Do what?” Trinity yawned

Kim sighed, turning to face my sister.

“Last time the bar was this...lacking, Connor made us do a dirty dance on top of the bar. Apparently it turns men on to watch girls grinding. I don’t know. It worked though,” she said sadly

“What song do you want?” Connor asked cheerfully

“Make it...Frozen, by Celldweller. I want to have some fun if we’re being forced to do this again,” Tori growled, ruffling her short hair

“Don’t say it like you don’t enjoy it. Matt, Trinity, Peyton, be warned. This is going to get flooded. I’ll stay here to help out,” Connor said firmly

Trinity just rolled her eyes. I was just glad she didn’t say anything. She’s been rude and snappy all night. But nothing’s been broken and no-one’s been injured – so far, a success. Then a deep bass line pounded through the air, catching people’s attention. But what really caught their attention was Tori and Kim climbing on the bar top, and Tori pulled Kim against her body by the waist.

And from then on, it was mayhem.

The more Kim grinded against Tori, the more people came to the bar. The more Tori ran her hands over Kim’s body, the more people came to the bar. I barely had time to watch the steamy seduction above my head with all the orders and shouts coming my way. But when they kissed...it was like someone had flicked a switch or something.

It was fucking brilliant.

“Keep your fucking hair on, I’m coming!” I heard my sister growl

Shit.

“Darling I haven’t got all night. Unless you want to come back to mine – then you can take all the time you want,” the customer drawled, his eyes roving over her figure

“What did you fucking say?” Trinity spat

I nudged Matt, gesturing him to warn Connor quickly. Matt whispered in Connor’s ear, hopefully making Trinity out to be the good person. Connor flicked his eyes to my sister’s enraged form and his face paled. He quickly walked over to her, smiling politely at the rowdy man the other side of the bar.

“10 minutes out the back. You need to cool down,” Connor hissed

“Don’t fucking tell me what to do,” Trinity spat

Connor’s jaw dropped slightly and I groaned.

“Trin, just go. Now,” I said firmly

She huffed and stormed out the back. Whilst pulling a pint, I turned my head to look at Connor.

“She’s having an off day. Last time she sent a guy to hospital. Don’t be mad at her, please. You know she’s not normally like this,” I said softly, taking the customers money

“I don’t like people disrespecting me. I will let her off this time, but next time warn me earlier,” Connor said seriously

I just rolled my eyes and nodded, getting back to work. Luckily, the song had finished now, so Tori and Kim were able to take their spots back on this side of the bar, filling Trinity’s gap. That was a fucking close call.

*

[Trinity]

Our shift ended at 2am, and I was more than thankful to get back to the apartment. Connor had been right to send me out the back, as much as I didn’t want to admit it, because I was one more sleazy comment away from smashing a glass in that perverted customer’s face. He was absolutely foul. I guess I’ve got Peyton to thank for saving my job though. As soon as she collapsed on her bed, I sat down next to her.

“I’m sorry,” I said softly

“Oh, so you choose now to calm down? Fucking fantastic,” Peyton spat, rolling onto her back to look at me

I winced from the anger in her eyes.

“I said I’m fucking sorry, didn’t I? If you had heard what that asswipe was saying...”

“I’m sure I would’ve been the same, yada yada. Connor actually didn’t care about the violence. He only cared about the fact you disrespected him,” Peyton grumbled

“Sorry,” I muttered, pulling my blonde hair out of its ponytail

“Just be careful next time, okay?” Peyton sighed

I just nodded miserably, holding my head in my hands. Peyton chuckled softly, wrapping her arms around me. I leant my head back into the crook of her shoulder, allowing her to rub my shoulders soothingly. I really should've taken those recommended anger management classes in Sophomore year. Then my phone started ringing.

“You answer it,” I grumbled

Peyton chuckled again, reaching for my bag, pulling out my phone. She laughed harder as she looked at caller ID, before flipping it open.

“Hey Mikey. Yeah, it’s Peyton. Um, Trinity’s having a bit of a bad day. Wait, hang on,”

Peyton put the phone to her shoulder, looking at me.

“Do you want to speak to him? Or shall I just say you’re not feeling up to it?” she whispered

I shook my head, holding my hand out. Peyton smiled and winked, handing it over.

T: Hey Mikey
M: Hey, are you alright? I can call back later if you want
T: No, it’s fine. Give me a minute to get to my room though
M: Sure thing

I took the phone away from my ear, kissing Peyton goodnight on the cheek. She just winked at me. I left her room, quickly walking down to my own.

T: You still there?
M: Yup. You in your room?
T: I am now. So what’s up?

I laid down on my bed, kicking my shoes off to relax.

M: Not much. Just wanted to hear your voice.
T: Aww aren’t you sweet
M: I try

I laughed at this, earning laughter back.

M: What was that Peyton said about you having a bad day?
T: Oh, nothing really. Just having one of those days where everything goes wrong. Nearly got into a fight at work and everything. But I’m okay now.
M: A fight? Are you okay?
T: Yeah, talking to you is helping

What? I couldn’t resist a little flirting. And I didn’t need to be with him to know he was blushing. His silence said it all.

T: You okay there Mikes?
M: P-Perfect! Oh, I just remembered something. The rest of our bandmates are back in town. Ray and Bob. Ray was celebrating his birthday on holiday with his wife, and Bob was spending some time at home with his family. But they want to meet you. You and Peyton.
T: Oh, really? When?
M: Well when’s your next shift?
T: We have one tomorrow, but not on Wednesday
M: Want to come over to mine and Frank’s on Wednesday then? Gerard and Lindsey will be there too
T: Sure, if you want
M: I do want

The bluntness in which he said this made me blush. I cleared my throat, chuckling softly.

T: See you on Wednesday then!
M: I’ll let you get some sleep now. Talk to you tomorrow?
T: Yeah okay. Night!
M: Goodnight beautiful

Mikey ended the call before I could. Not that I would’ve been able to. I was frozen in shock. Goodnight beautiful?
♠ ♠ ♠
Frozen, by Celldweller
(the song Tori and Kim danced to – I love his seductive voice!)

Just a bit of a fun part really! Temperamental girls are always entertaining =]
Keep those beautiful comments coming!
Oh, and check out my new story, It’s Been A Lifetime Waiting, if you like Emmett Cullen!

Peace and cheese pizza
xo

p.s. thanks to CrazySabby for correcting me! My bad!