A, B, C.

a - z.

A: Accidents.
Me and Alex meeting was all down to an accident. He nearly ripped his hand off in Woodshop; I twisted my ankle hideously in Gym. We were both in the Nurse's office when he first gave me a pained smile.

B: Bravery.
Coming out back in high school scared the crap out of both of us. I was perfectly fine with just me, him and a few trusted friends knowing that we were together. Alex however, decided to tackle his fear head on (being the brave idiot I’ve grown to know and love) by kissing me in the middle of the ridiculously busy Math corridor.

C: Cusses.
One thing we’ve had to get used to over the years is the cussing. We can’t actually leave the house holding hands otherwise some jackass will shout ‘fag’ across the street, whether they know us or not.

D: Death.
Alex’s big brother died when we were only sixteen. He refuses to talk about it, so I just describe it as one hell of a rough patch.

E: Energy.
And no, I don't mean in the bedroom. Alex is such a hyperactive idiot almost everyday of his life. He's like a toddler with an over-active imagination; everything's the most amazing thing ever! But Alex is more adorable than any toddler out there.

F: Fights.
We fight like cat and dog. He’ll say something that he knows I don’t agree with just so I’ll bicker with him. I think he only starts half the fights we have for the make-up sex he knows he’ll get when we’re talking again.

G: Growing up.
The thing about being with Alex since we were still in high school is I’ve been able to see him grow up. From an insecure teenager to the over confident moron he is now. I wouldn’t change him for the world.

H: Head.
Or lack thereof. Alex cannot give head to save his life. He tried once, and that didn’t go too well. So I generally don’t bother unless he’s done something especially fantastic. I call it a mark of respect (i.e. not mocking how inept he is), he calls it stubbornness.

I: Innocent.
Alex always described me as the most innocent kid he ever met. I told him to shut up and look in the mirror once in a while.

J: Joy.
I don’t - and I doubt I ever will - know why he makes me so unbelievably happy. It always feels like my heart could just burst. I could die happy just from knowing he loves me. I know it’s lame and clichéd, but I don’t care. Everything he does makes me happy.

K: Kiss.
Our first kiss wasn’t exactly the clichéd thing you expect after someone asks somebody else out and gets a positive response. I’d dragged him to a Blink 182 show, and afterwards (when we both reeked of sweat and looked absolutely grim) he just grabbed me by the shoulders and kissed me. And yes, he has a perfectly functioning nose.

L: Love Makin'.
Alex doesn’t call sex anything other than ‘making love’. He says it’s crude. One time, I asked him if we were gonna fuck that night. He told me to shut the hell up and went back to watching TV. I found out he doesn’t mind my crudeness as much when my hands are in his pants.

M: Marriage.
I'd be both lying and a crap boyfriend if I said I hadn't thought about asking Alex to marry me. We've been together since we were sixteen and he's fast approaching his twenty-third birthday. It's not that I don't want to ask him (God, I do!), it's the thought of him saying no that scares me.

N: Nerves.
He’s the cutest thing when he’s nervous. At our first show, he wouldn’t stop pacing backstage until I dragged him to the couch and made out with him. In front of about twenty people from various places. He’s never been nervous since.

O: Opinions.
Alex always over-analyzes every human being who passes judgement about him. I've told him time and time again to quit it, and that the only opinion that matters is his.

P: Pessimistic.
Alex and I are polar opposites when it comes to believing in things. I’m ridiculously pessimistic and always have been (trust me, if it can go wrong, there’s a fifty percent chance it will) and he’s an overactive optimist. I don’t know how we manage to even be friends, let alone in a relationship.

Q: 'Queer'
Alex hates most words used to describe us or our relationship, except queer. I have no idea why. But whenever someone hollers 'QUEER!' at him, he just laughs and asks if they have a problem with that.

R: Relaxation.
I’ve known Alex so long now; I know exactly what calms him down. If you stroke his hips or kiss his jaw, he’s a mushy, serene mess within two minutes.

S: Sorry.
Alex is always the first to apologize, even if I'm the one that messed up. And even after we've made up (and typically had ridiculously sublime make-up sex as a side dish) he's still apologizing. I just have to silence him with kisses until he gets the picture.

T: Tears.
There's not a fight that goes by in our household that doesn't end with one or both of us in tears. And there's not usually much the other can do, because we're normally not on speaking terms. We just have to wait it out and listen to the other crying, which (more often than not) makes everything worse.

U: Understanding.
When Alex broke up with me for the first - and last - time when we were nineteen, being without him was beyond horrible. I didn't even know what I'd done, and he still hasn't told me to this day; he just said I had to 'understand him' if I had any hope of staying with him.

V: Virgins.
It was both of our first times in the bedroom with somebody else when we first did the dirty. He was the sweetest little thing; just so, so nervous and self conscious. Like someone was filming the damn thing. He'd lost all of that by the time we were done, though.

W: Worry.
The first time we did it without a condom, Alex was worrying like hell. I had to keep reminding him that we were both clean and that there was no way in hell I could get pregnant.

X: xoxo.
That's how Alex always signs anything he writes me. Even if it's just to remember to buy milk, there's always an xoxo ~Alex.

Y: Years.
According to Rian, we’ve been a fun couple to watch over the years. Apparently he’s ‘watched our love blossom into a pretty flower’. Me and Alex both melted. We know who’ll be doing our best man speech when we get married. And that’s a when. Not an if.

Z: Zzzzz.
Alex is adorable when he sleeps. He’s asleep right now. We’re lying on the couch, his head’s on my chest and his arms are around my waist. He snores really quietly. He looks like a really sweet oversized baby. Cutest thing ever.