From Where You Are

from where you are

3:00 pm

I woke up the next morning with Charlotte's eyes locked on to me."You were restless" her usual loud, strict rough voice was soft and silky. "You weren't here" i said sitting up. I ran my hand over the stubble on my head i felt the bed shift next to me. "well i have a pretty good excuse" she said kissing my temple. "i know and i promise..." i was cut off by a knock on the door."what the fuck do you want" i yelled at the door. I heard the door open quietly and softly " its 3:00 we have that thing to do" It was Joe he had a cigarette dangling out of his mouth."six minutes" i mumbled. "what" he asked louder. "nothing" i said shaking my head and walking past him.

9:00 pm

I was at my usual corner."ya, ok, but you owe me." i yelled at the car driving off. "dumb fucking prick. thinks he doesn't have to pay" i mumbled lighting up my cigarette."six minutes" she said in a sing song voice. "six minutes less i have to spend with you" i looked over at my Char sitting on top of my car." well that saying kinda doesn't fucking work anymore now does it?" i scoffed sitting next to her. "Just fucking humor me. I just don't want to have Joey bury his older brother. ya know he doesn't need that." she said sighing " i don't think he could handle that". looked over at her " hes a Darley he can handle anything". she smiled at me softly." just like you." i stood up and stared her down she was wearing the same jacket, v neck purple shirt and jeans that i met her in. " ya like me" i said nodding slowly. " good god Billy even now your arrogant" i smiled "even now your bitchy." her blue eyes paled " Will I.." as she started my phone rang. "Hey Bodie, ya I will be at the four roses, send Heco down here to finish my shift and send Dog down here to so he doesn't fuck it up." i said shutting my phone. she sighed hopping off my car. " hey Char wanna go" I asked hoping she would say yes like 8 years ago in that same outfit it seemed like the same everything." No Billy i don't belong there, anymore" she waved to me and smiled as i drove away.

3:00 am
"Here to Charlotte. she was the fuckin queen of us fuck ups. Char was one hell of a women." i heard parts of Bodie's drunken blabber. " hey bro you ok? You've barely drank any thing" i heard Joe talking but it sounded distant. " Ya hey I am heading home" i said grabbing my jacket and hurrying into the cold Boston rain. I finally got home. I kicked my shoes off as i reached my bedroom. Char was laying on my bed staring at the ceiling " its raining hard" i silently nodded. " Billy Darley stop blaming yourself every ones late at some point in their life" she said rubbing her stomach " i was late that night too billy. you know i have come to terms at where I am at, but you can't. I want you to be happy as corny as that sounds." i sat there on the edge of the bed my face in my hands and on my breaking point.

3:00 pm 2 days earlier Charlotte's POV

I walked into the old diner for my usual 8 hour shift. " hey Lucy" i said to the elderly waitress. " there you are" her smile grew. " my dear your glowing. did your good for nothing boyfriend finally propose to you?" her dislike for billy was beyond obvious. " no thank god i think i would die if he did" i said walking away to get ready for my shift. Work went by fast 11 came by fast. " Bye Nic" i yelled at our short order fry cook. He just nodded in response. Two hours and 12 unanswered phone calls later i was sitting in the cold Boston rain on a hard curb. I closed my eyes to listen for the rumble of the familiar mustang. As i opened my eyes I saw a big white van coming my way. I remembered the boys had one like that. As i neared the van I knew something wasn't right. I heard a familiar rumble get closer. As i looked closer at the van it was to late. I remember a loud pop and a sharp pain in my stomach. I fell hard onto the wet cold pavement. i could hear yelling and squealing of tires. then it went black. At 25 years old my life ended. At two weeks old his life ended.

6:00 am

I grumbled as the light hit my face. " shut the curtains Char." she laughed. i looked up at her and saw the bright blue eyes and her blond hair were lighter then usual. " people are gonna start thinking your crazy. cause your talking to your dead girlfriend." she sat on the bed and sighed. " i want to leave Billy. me being here is hurting you more. William Darley i love you but i need to leave so forget about me. well don't forget about me completely just accept that your gonna kill the bastard who did this and i can leave." Her blue eyes were rimmed with tears. " i need you" i said my macho man persona was faltering. " you don't your the strongest man i know. you gotta be a strong leader." she kissed me one last time. I woke up in cold sweat the bright red numbers on the alarm clock read 1:00 pm. Time to get up and fix this.

Two years ago I would have done anything to get her back, I still would. But sometimes i am glad she doesn't see what i do.Today the fuckers that killed Char were back in town. I looked over to her side of the bed and sitting on the night stand were her rosary beads. I put them on and kissed them. I miss you char but maybe soon i would see you but just not tonight.