Vampire Himemeya (Vampire Princess)

Chapter 1

I was resting in my bed when I heard something that sounded like an explosion. I ran quickly down the hall and down the stairs. Following the sound, I ended up in the kitchen. Looking around I saw powder all over the floor and two figures sitting on the floor covered in flour. I took a quick glance at the floor and noticed several pots and pans across the floor. "What happened?" I asked to the two men who now rose to bow and greet me. 

"I'm sorry, Princess. We were making breakfast and this young one pulled something out of the closet and caused this mess,” the taller, and obviously, older man said. The teenager standing next to him was mumbling something and dusting himself off when he noticed I was there. He quickly bowed and mumbled his apologies to me. 

"What happened, Kazuki?" I asked the kid I've known for most of my life. 

"Nothing. It's just like Sensei-Shin said." 

I sighed, not wanting to deal with his attitude. He's always hated my guts but I've never known why. I've stopped trying to figure out. It always ends up with a blank answer. A door opened and was slammed into the wall behind it, taking me out of my mental wondering. 

"Is everyone okay? I heard a crash," said one of the maids in the house and also my best friend, Mitsuki.
 
"Everything’s fine Nee-Chan," Kazuki said to his little sister. Mitsuki turned to me and bowed before greeting me with a hello and engulfing me in a hug. 

"How are you, Princess? Did you sleep well?" 

"I'm well. And I slept great. How are you, my friend?" 

"I’m good," she said in that peppy way that always made me smile. She had dark black hair that curled at the ends that made her bright green eyes stand out compared to her pale skin. Now that I was thinking about it, she looked just like her brother. But of course, younger and like a girl. 

"I'll call someone to clean this," I said as I began to walk out the door. The halls were empty when I first came downstairs and now they were buzzing with people. 

Walking to my bedroom was always a challenge. People were always saying hello or trying to talk. Though today it was quite simple. "Thank god," I said as I reached my room. I quickly got dressed and headed to the North end of my castle. It was 7:30 in the morning and all the humans were beginning to wake up so I needed to hurry before they saw me. None of the humans, except for Mitsuki, knew I was a vampire and I wasn't planning on telling them anytime soon. It would cause so much chaos. 

By that time, I made it to the main door. I did a quick scan around me to check if anyone was just wondering around these parts even though it’s against the law. "Good," I thought. No sign of anyone and I couldn't sense anyone’s presence except my own. As quietly as I could, I pushed the door open then closed it slowly when I got inside. 

The room was dark but that didn't matter. It was better that way. If even the tiniest bit of sun came inside...I shivered, not wanting to even think about it. 

I felt his presence before I heard or saw him. “Hello, Princess Anju," said the boy in front of me.

“Hello.”

“What, may I ask, brings you here at this hour? I’m sorry to say but, all the residents have just fallen asleep,” he said as he bowed then began to walk to me. He was tall. Maybe 6’3. I couldn’t see what color hair he had because of the dark but I could clearly see his blue eyes. They were glowing but had a friendliness to them.

“Oh, that’s alright. I just came here to see if everyone was in bed before the human’s begin walking around. I’m sorry, but I don’t think I know your name.”

“Oh. Excuse me. I’m Hisagi.”

“It’s nice to meet you. Why are you awake? The sun has risen already.”

“I just got back in. I was on my way to my room when I saw you here. I thought you needed help with something so I thought I could help.” He looked shy as he said this. I could tell he didn’t want to make eye-contact. But when he looked at my eyes I noticed the look on his face change from friendliness to pure fear. “Your eyes. They’re….they’re..” He couldn’t get the next few words out. Not shocking, I suppose. Nobody ever knew how to react to my bright purple eyes.

“Yes. They’re purple.”

“But..but…how? I can sense that you’re a vampire. But most vampire’s have blue eyes. It has never been documented that someone could have purple eyes.”

“Look, I’m not like other vampire’s. I’m stronger. Way stronger. Now, go to sleep. Humans are beginning to wake up.” And with that, I left. I could tell he was staring at me as I walked away but I didn’t bother to turn around. It wasn’t him I was mad at. It was the fact that I, myself, didn’t know why I was different. This little question always bothered me. No use worrying now. I had to go to another council meeting. Great. Just great. That’s exactly what I needed now.