Vampire Himemeya (Vampire Princess)

Chapter 11

In a matter of minutes Ishida was standing outside the palace with Nemu right by his side. "Hello.", Nemu said before she looked over and saw Mitsuki standing there. "Umm. What's that?", she said as she pointed her finger in disgust. 

"Dont be rude. This is my best friend. Mitsuki, this is Nemu. And the guy next to her is Ishida."

Mitsuki gave a small wave but didn't look Nemu in the eyes. While, Nemu pointedly stared at her and said, "Again: what's that? And why is it here?" 

"Because it's her brother. He was kiddnapped. And we need to find him."

"You called me over her to look for a human?", Nemu rolled her eyes when she said it. 

I stood my ground and replied, "Yes. Actually, I only needed Ishida." Her face burned red but she kept quiet and let me finish. "Ishida, you're a great tracker right?"

He nodded slightly and Hisagi grunted as if he were jealous. I ignored him and focused on Ishida. "Okay. Well I need your help." I took the letter from Hisagi's hand and handed it carefully to Ishida. 

He brought the paper up to his face and sniffed it for only a moment before he said, "It smells bad. But it's more than one scent that I can't decipher."

My heart sank instantly. I couldn't just sit back and let everyone get hurt. It was my job to keep everyone safe. But how could I do anything? What could I do? The note was a dead end. Or was it? I took the note again and tried something I've never tried before. 

Everyone was staring at me but I had to focus. I closed my eyes and pictured anything and everything that could lead me to Kazuki. Then everything went black. 

*** *** ***

When my vision cleared up I wasn't standing outside the castle anymore. Actually, I had no idea where I was. It was dark and creepy. Almost like something out of a horror film.

Looking around, I called out for anyone that could hear. No response. "Where am I?" Then it hit me. The scent. It smelled amazing. It was overwhelming to say the least. But I ignored my insane need for the blood and looked around again. I saw a huge mountain and what looked like a house standing at the top. 

Then everything went black again and I opened my eyes to see Mitsuki sitting next to me. She looked worse than she did before. When I tried to sit up she quickly hugged me and I could feel the slight tears running from her face to my clothes. 

Patting her back I told her that I was fine and told her to relax. When she finally calmed down she asked, "What happened to you? You were fine then..." She seemed like she was going to cry again so I didn't let her finish.

"I don't know. I tried to use my powers like I see the other vamps do but it didn't work the way it was supposed to.", I'm sure I sounded disappointed even though I was trying to hide it. "But I did see something. I don't know what it meant but I'm sure it's useful."

I saw her eyes light up and she nearly fell off of my bed that I just noticed we were sitting on. When she calmed down she said,"Well what did you see? Did you see my brother?" She must have noticed that I wasn't getting excited and calmed down and lowered her voice. "So you didn't see him? You have no clue where to look?"

I stayed silent and just nodded. She looked me in the eye and then got off the bed and walked out. I stood up then felt the ground move from beneath me. I gripped the side of my bed and steadied myself. I couldn't follow her in this condition so I sat back down and took a deep breath. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Mega late. sorry. Enjoy. I'm working on the next chapter so it should've up soon.