Vampire Himemeya (Vampire Princess)

Chapter 12

A few hours later Nemu came with Ishida at her side as usual. Nemu walked over to the bed and sat down on the chair near by while Ishida hovered by the door and obviously looked bored. "You can wait outside, Ishida." He reluctantly walked out but not before saying, "I'll be in the garden." 

Nemu nodded then waited for him to leave before she spoke, "Okay. So what exactly happened. Your little human friend is of no help what so ever." She spat out the word "human" and gave a disgusted look which made her hate obvious. 

"What's your problem?" 

"Huh?" she gave a question mark look and tilted her head to the side.

"Why do you hate her? Or them, to be more specific." 

"Oh. I don't hate them. What gave you that impression?" 

I sat up, but when I realized that the room was spinning I stayed still and closed my eyes. "Look," I said while rubbing my temples. "I don't know what your problem with them is but it's really starting to piss me off. Mitsuki never did anything to you and I'd really appreciate it if you didn't treat her like shit. Her, or any other humans." When I looked her in the eye she quickly looked down at her hands. Well, they were technically paws. 

"Awe. Don't do that. Look, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings but I'm not gonna stand by and let you pick on my friends." 

"I'm sorry. Alright? Jeez. It's not my fault I find them repulsive." 

"Stop it!" I threw my arms up and ignored the splitting headache. "You're doing it again! Either stop with all the hatefulness or leave me alone."

She stared at me for the longest five seconds of my life then finally replied, "Fine. Okay? Relax already. Your eyes are creeping me out." 

I sighed then relaxed as much as I could. "Yeah. Fine. Sure. So why are you here?" 

"Well.." she started off but got distracted by my large stack of CD's I had piled up on the floor.

"Well what? ADD much? Finish slash start what you were saying."

She quickly spun around. "Oh yeah! Okay. So remember that old guy I told you about?"

"No. What 'old guy'?" 

"Was that you I was talking to?" she wondered aloud then plopped on the shiny black beanbag chair. 

"I don't know. Anyway, what about him?" 

She looked around as if to make sure she couldn't be heard then whispered, "He's dead." 

"Why'd you whisper? And not to sound rude, but people die all the time. Especially if they're old. That's the sad cycle of life."

"No, Anju, I'm not an idiot. I wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't more than just a regular old person passing." 

"Okay. You've got my attention," I said, putting down the magazine I'd just picked up. 

She smiled but then turned serious when she began talking. "He was a donor."

"Donor? As in a blood donor? I thought they were just rumors."

"Nope," she replied while shaking her head. Nemu's curls bounced up and down even after she finished moving. "they're real. But their aren't many. Turns out, a lot of vamps don't like drinking from the source." 

"How could I not know that this was going on? I'm the worst princess ever." I shook my head and buried my face in my hands. Nemu stood up and walked over to me and sat next to me. 

"Hey," she said when I finally looked her in the eye. "it'll be alright, okay? No one could've known about it. It's super top secret." 

"Then how'd you know?"

"I'll tell you over some grub," she beamed then hopped off the bed with balance only a cat could have. "You think you can walk?"

"Yeah." I stood up slowly and followed her outside. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be lovely.