Vampire Himemeya (Vampire Princess)

Chapter 14

Later, I had asked him about the note and he just blew it off like he had no idea what I was talking about. After I asked again he claimed that he had to go and left without a "goodbye." 

I took my time walking back to my room. It was a cool night but the stars were out and looking brighter then ever. Clear nights like this always made me think about what life would be like if I was a normal teenage girl. Being a princess had it's pirks but it could be as lonely and confusing as ever. 

"Princess," said the voice from the shadows. Hisagi stepped out of what looked like thin air. "I need to talk to you about that note. I did not want to say in front of Mitsuki." Hisagi looked at me then walked over to the bench near the castle. I sat in silence until he could gather his thoughts and tell me what he thought was important. I don't really like Hisagi but he seemed to genuinely care about Mitsuki's wellbeing. "The note you found..I remember where I've smelt something like that. It was covered up with something repulsive so I couldn't figure out where it's from right away. Its origin is old, ancient even. Hasn't been around for years." He leaned back so he could look up at the stars and folding his thin hands on his lap.

"So, what's the scent?" I asked.

He turned to me, looked me in the eyes and said, "Uchiha." 

Fear rushed over me instantly. A fear that I've learned to hide and not think about. A fear that always  made me hopeful and sick at the same time. "How could that be so? I'm the only Uchiha left. They were all killed. All of them."

"It's almost impossible to 'kill' a whole clan. You would have to be incredibly strong and basically have no heart."

"Sounds like Itachi. I never met him but my parents always talked about him when they were still..." I didn't want to finish. It was still hard thinking about my parents. It may have been years ago but it still hurt knowing they were taking from me without me even fighting back. 

"What do you know about Itachi?"

"Nothing useful. Just the things he did before he took out our whole clan." Hisagi was staring at me as if waiting for me to go on. "He was a prodigy. S-rank ninja. I hear he was also in the Anbu Black Ops but those are just rumors. Kokuou even said that he joined Akatsuki."

"I thought the Uchiha clan was taken out by vampires?"

"They were. Itachi. How else do you think he got so strong? The sharingan is powerful but he also had to fight others with the same ability. He was smart though. Itachi didn't try anything on the village until he was sure he could handle being a vampire. Which, of course, he could." 

"So, he's the only surviver. Minus yourself. Is that correct?"

"No. Itachi had a brother. He's alive. Itachi couldn't kill him."

"Then we must find him," he said as he stood up.

"Why?"

"If the enemy is a Sharingan user you need training," Hisagi grinned. "I always wanted to check out the leaf village. I hear they have great ramen." With those deep and profound words Hisagi disappeared and left me looking at the stars once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Working on some more. Enjoy! Comment/subscribe.