Vampire Himemeya (Vampire Princess)

Chapter 2

I walked into the council meeting and everyone was having a conversation so no one noticed when walked through the big wooden door. I sat down in my usual seat in the room and tried to relax and block everyone out. They weren’t just regular rulers. They were all monsters, Nekos (half cat/half humans), leaders of the sea, and many other things. I was the only vampire here. Because I was odd and a freak, it was my duty to tell other vampire clan leaders anything and everything that happened here.

I’m the only vampire that can stay in the light during the day. Other vampire’s would burn and then turn to dust. I don’t know why but I don’t. The sun doesn’t effect me in way, shape, or form. I don’t know much about it but a blurry tale from my past.

****

When I was around five years of age I was taken from my clan, the legendary Uchiha clan, by vicious vampires who wanted to erase the human existence. They took me away from my village and chained me up and left me in a cell. Later they left me there to die. Or so they thought. I can’t remember what happened. When I came to there was blood all over and dead vampires scattered across the floor.

My vision was different too. I could see their charka standing still as they all slowly died. I didn’t know what to do or think. So I ran. I didn’t know where I was going or who I was running to. All I knew was that I was scared. Next thing I can remember is being in a warm bed with a fire lit in front of me. An old man walked in and placed a bowl of soup on the dresser to my right.

“Ah. I see your awake,” said the old man. “I found you passed out in front of my house.”

“Where am I? Who are you?” I couldn’t think straight. My mouth was speaking on its own. Which was just fine with me.

“Be calm, young one. You are in no danger. You are in my kingdom and I am King Baku. But I prefer to be addressed as Kokuou. And who are you?”

“I am Anju Rini Uchiha.” He seemed excited when I said this.

“Oh! The mighty Uchiha clan? I’ve heard of them but have never traveled that far.”

“Far? How long did those vampires travel while I was out?” I wondered aloud.

“Vampires you say? Well, I never thought such a young girl such as yourself could be the reason for all those vampires deaths.”

“Wait. What?”

“I found you with blood all over you. I had one of my maids clean you up and put you in this room.”

“I could not have done that. I’m only 5!”

“Yes, and from what I can tell, you're very powerful. Did those vampires bite you?”

“I-I-I don’t remember.” I began to shake and cry.

“Let me see your neck,” the king said. He looked generally kind with his greying brown hair and flushed round cheeks but, out of fear, I backed away.

“Relax. I won’t hurt you.” He turned his body so he could see my neck without getting any closer to me. Then he nodded and he straightened himself. “You’ve been bitten.” He looked me in the eyes and asked, “Have your eyes always been purple and red?”

“What?” I had calmed down and collected myself to understand the words coming from his mouth.

“Your eyes; they’re purple and red at the bottom.”

“My eyes aren’t purple or red!” I jumped off the bed and ran to look at the mirror that was hanging on the dresser. He was right. My eyes weren’t their normal light brown that I’ve always hated. They were purple and faded to red.

“My guess is that when you were changed into a vampire your eyes changed, you lost control, and killed them all. During all this your Sharingan was awakened.”

That’s how it all started. I can't remember much from before that night. Kokuou raised me as a daughter and I treated him like a father. He died soon after and gave me his kingdom because he had no wife or children.

Good vampires and other creatures soon learned that I was a vampire and crowned me leader. This was odd because I was only 13 at the time. They only did this because I defeated the worst of the vampires and they’re evil leader, Daisuke. All this and I wasn’t even aware of it.

***

“Hey, Princess.”

I turned to see the leader of the Neko clan Number 1. She was about my height and had the ears and tail of a cat but looked human otherwise. Her hair was shoulder length and was purple. To her left was a tall guy that was also a Neko clan leader. His hair was a beautiful silver that hung slightly above his hazel eyes. I knew to two well. They were also very young. The girl with purple hair was Nemu. She was 17 and also very hyper and had a quick temper. Not exactly someone you'd want to get into a fight with. Ishida was the boy next to her. Her was quite and was basically the opposite of Nemu but somehow they had fallen for each other. Not many people knew they were together because they don't like to refer to it as a "relationship."

“Hi, guys.”

“You were late. What happened?”

“Nothing. I had to check to see if all the vampires were asleep.”

“Oh. Well we better get to our seats. The meeting is about to begin. Come on, Ishida.” She pulled him away and took her seat.

The meeting was the way it always did, boring crap about nothing interesting. I told them that all the vampires were where they should be and assured them that I would deliver the messages they gave me. They also made sure that no humans knew about the vampires that were secretly living among them. That’s how it went. The same way it always did. Blah. I wish something interesting would happen already. I’ve been ruler of this kingdom for years and nothing cool has happened. I thought being in-charge would make life interesting. Guess not.