Vampire Himemeya (Vampire Princess)

Chapter 3

After the meeting Ishida, Nemu, and I decided to go for a walk though the hidden garden that only few people knew about.

"I heard something happened in the kicthen this morning," said Nemu very calmly.

"How did you hear about that?" I asked.

She laughed then said, "Those maids talk a lot." Ishida smiled but no sound came from his mouth.

"Oh. Well, yes. Kazkui knocked down some pots and pans while they were making breakfast."

"Why do you continue to let him work for you? He's nothing but trouble."

"I’ve known him for most of my life. He's just been through a lot. You can speak rudely of him when you've lost your parents and then had to raise a baby on your own."

"I'm sorry," she whispered. We had just reached a turn in the garden when one of the older maids came running to us. It was late at night and I could tell she was a vampire by the grace in her steps.

"M' lady. There's an emergency! Please come! Somebody has taken one of the humans!" Without a word I transported myself to the main hall. When I reached the hall I saw Kazuki with his back against the wall with his head hanging down. I ran over to him and didn't even consider to teleport myself there. The only thing I could think about was Kazuki.

"Kazuki!" I yelled. "Wake up! Come on! Wake up!" I felt for a pulse. His still alive but had wounds all over him. "Help me bring him to a room." I told one of the men who were watching in fear.

A few hours later the doctor came out of the room while cleaning his hands of blood. "He's fine. But he lost massive amounts of blood." I sighed in relief.

"Can I go see him?" Mitsuki jumped up from her seat but didn't release my hand. She's been gripping my hand since she's gotten here. For a tiny girl, she has a strong grip.

"You can go check on him in a few. He needs his sleep."

"But I just wanna see-" She was beginning to get angry so I gave her hand a tug to get her to relax. She must've got the clue because she took a deep breath and sat back down.

"How much longer should we wait to see him?" I asked the doctor in the most calm voice I could manage.

"Well, maybe an hour or so. He shouldn't wake up before then. I had to give him medicine to null the pain."

"Ok. Thank you, doctor."

"No problem, Princess. Good night," he said as he exited the room.

I took a look at Mitsuki and noticed her face was red and her eyes were puffy. "You should get some sleep; it's late."

"I don't want to leave him. You should get some sleep yourself, Anju."

"I don't need sleep remember?" I smiled when she let out a little giggle. "Besides, I need to see that all the vamps needs are attended to. Then I need to find out what happened to your brother. Do you want to stay here with him? I could set up a small bed by his own."

"Yes, that would be nice." She didn't look away from the door that lead to her brother. I squeezed her hand then walked out of the room. I asked the first person I saw to bring a bed and some water for Mitsuki. Before I knew what I was doing, I began to head for the North end of the castle.

The small roads were empty. The only sound heard was my footsteps and the blistering wind. I could tell the air was cold, which was odd because it was late summer, but it had no effect on me. My brain was in a muddle. I couldn't think of a reason why someone would hurt Kazuki. Let alone, who.

I took the long way just so I could have some time to think to myself.

"Hello, Princess," he came from the shadows without a sound. "What are you doing out so late? A beautiful girl, such as yourself, could get hurt in dangerous woods such as these."

"Thank you for your concern, but I can handle myself. Like I've said before, I'm stronger then other vampires. And that includes you."

"Now, now. I do not wish to hurt you, Princess." Hisagi moved closer as he said this. Was it me or was this guy trying to come on to me?

"I’m sorry, but I have to go. I'm in a bit of a hurry."

"If you were in a hurry you would've teleported yourself." This guy was beginning to get on my nerves.

"I needed some air. Now go on your way." My voice was filled with so much power that it shocked even me. It must've worked because he stepped back and bowed before he left.
Taking a deep breath I continued on my way.

When I reached the hall there were vampires everywhere but they were hidden in the shadows. it was around feeding time so they were all getting ready to head out. I was going to have to make this quick, before they were all gone.