Escape

Start Packing

Image

“I’m going to be your hostage? How can you kidnap me if you don’t have a car?” Olivia asked.

“But you have one, don’t you?” Randy replied.

“Nope. Broke down same time as my TV, my brother Dan towed it in for me.”

“Dan? Isn’t that the person you thought I was? Well if you were expectin’ him then he should be comin’ by right? I can take his car.”

“I don’t know what day he’s coming by! Everyone always shows up unexpected at my house ‘cause they think they’re funny!” Olivia threw her hands up in the air and started to get up from her seat when both of Randy’s hands grabbed her hips and sat her back down.

He didn’t remove his hands from where they were. He could feel Olivia’s breathing speeding up, but she didn’t move them either. Instead, she moved forward and her lips were barely an inch away from his when she said, “What if John comes by, and your whole plan goes to pieces?”

Randy couldn’t take it, he couldn’t handle Olivia being that close to him and not doing anything about it, but he had to control himself. He couldn’t give in to the pretty little blonde sister of the asshole security guard that had tormented him for so long.

“Shut the fuck up or I will tie you up!” He yelled in her face once again, causing Olivia to sit her back straight up against the back of the chair.

+++

She whimpered and let her head fall to her chest but refused to let any tears fall. If he was going to yell at her all day, then let him yell at her; as long as he didn’t touch her.

“Now, you got any rope around here?” Randy asked as he got up and paced around the kitchen.

“For what?” Olivia asked in a small voice.

“What do you think?” He replied in a harsh tone.

“But you said!”

“Fuck what I said! I can already see that you’re not gonna cooperate and you’re a smartass!”

Olivia jumped out of her chair and headed for the door. She was almost to the steps of her porch when Randy tackled her to the wooden porch, where kicked and kneed him as much as she could and with all the force she had.

“Get off get off get off get off!” She shouted at the top of her lungs.

“Will you shut up?” Randy struggled to keep her still.

“No!” She screamed and, taking advantage of how close his face was to hers, bit his nose.

“Ow! Stupid bitch!” Randy momentarily forgot about holding her down and reached a hand up to cradle his nose.

Olivia kneed him in the crotch and as Randy doubled over in pain, got up and grabbed the nearest object she could find and started beating him with it.

“Whataya gonna do, sweep me off the damn porch?” Randy yelled as he caught the bottom of the broom stick and pried it from her hands.

Olivia yelled in frustration and started kicking at him. It didn’t do much damage since they were her plain tan UGG boots.

Randy grabbed her leg and she fell back onto the porch, hitting her head on the way down.

“Now if you woulda stayed still inside none of this woulda happened.” Randy picked her up as she slowly lost consciousness.

+++

A few hours had gone by when Olivia had finally woken up from being knocked unconscious. She found herself tied to her own couch with an ice pack on her head.

“Ah, I see Miss Clean-Sweep is awake.” Randy muttered from the chair across from her.

“Wha…?”

“You knocked yourself out.”

“How?”

“I don’t know, hitting your head on the porch?”

“Will you untie me?” Olivia made her eyes mist over.

Randy shook his head, “Nope. Sorry.”

“Why the fuck not?” Her mood turned sour.

He smirked, “There’s the little hellion that attacked me.”

“Just untie me, I promise I won’t run away or kick you anymore. Scouts honor.” She tried holding up the solute, but couldn’t.

“Nope.”

“Untie me you sad sack of shit!” She tossed and turned in her confines.

“Are you bipolar? Cause one minute you’re all nice to me then the next you’re a nasty bitch.” Randy smiled as he watched her try to wriggle out of the rope, a satisfied smile playing across his lips.

“Is this how you treated all your other past victims? Those other two women?” Olivia asked while working her hands out of the knot in the rope to where Randy couldn’t see.

“According to the courts I only killed two.”

Olivia stopped her hands and stared at the murderer sitting a few feet away from her.

“How many were there then?” She asked slowly.

“Let’s just say that if I feel like adding you to the list, you’d be lucky number seven.”

“Hey Liv, I got your car back!” A man’s voice yelled from the front porch.

“Shit it’s my brother Dan! Untie me now you bastard unless you want him to call the cops!”

Randy hesitated. “Liv?” Dan yelled again. “You in there sleepin’ or what?”

“Fine. But don’t try anythin’ funny. I’ve got a plan.”

Olivia nodded as Randy bent over to untie her from her confines. Once he was done he took off his boots and his shirt.

“Take off your hoodie and mess up your hair.”

“Why?” She asked, shocked.

“Just do it!” Randy hissed. Olivia finally understood what he was getting at and did as she was told.

“Just a minute!” She faked a laugh and headed to the door.

“Hey sis—who ya got in there?” Dan asked.

“Oh—no one, just a friend.” She smiled sweetly.

Dan cocked an eyebrow, “Friend huh? Can I meet this friend of yours?”

Olivia craned her neck into the living room where Randy was laying casually on the couch with a blanket halfway covering him. He nodded.

“’Course.” She replied and opened the door wider for her brother.

Dan walked in and saw Randy on the couch. “Oh! I didn’t mean to interrupt anything! I’m sorry, sis…”

Randy laughed, “Its okay; Livvie and I were just snoozin’ after a…long night.”

Olivia rolled her eyes, “So you got my truck?”

“Uh—yeah! Right outside…the battery was dead…Jim recharged it…yeah…well, here’s your keys. Uh, see you Sunday at dad’s then?” Dan asked; his face still flushed red from catching his baby sister in an awkward situation. He always thought she was a good girl, just that one boy in high school though…

“I’ll be there.” Olivia gave her brother a big smile and a tight hug; she was scared this would be the last time she would ever see him again. “I love you big bubba.”

Dan was caught off guard by her sudden burst of emotion but hugged her back. “Love you too baby sis. Uh, nice to uh, meet you sir.” He nodded towards Randy, gave his sister another hug, and left.

“That was close.” Olivia said as she watched her brother get into his truck and pull out of her driveway.

“Tell me about it. Now, I suggest you start packing. You won’t be coming back.”

Image
♠ ♠ ♠