She'll Be A Secret You Can Keep-Jack Barakat

Pat Was Right

I groaned as the van thudded over what seemed like the 80th pothole. 
"John, learn how to drive!" I yelled from the back of the van.
"Learn how to shut up, Alexis!" he yelled back, intentionally swirving the van and sending me tumbling onto the van floor. 
"You deserved that." Garrett pointed out.
I playfully stuck my tongue out at him and flipped him off, pulling my phone out of my pocket with the other hand to see a new text from Jack.
"Aww, is that Lexie's widdle boyfwiend?" Garrett sang in a baby voice. I threw a pillow at his head.
"No, it's Jack, and they're stopping at a diner off the next exit and want us to join them."

John took this as his cue, quickly turning off the exit and pulling into the parking lot of a small diner. I met Jack inside and we got a booth to ourselves. I decided to sit next to him in the booth instead of across, receiving snickers and kissy noises from some of the other bands that had also decided to stop at the diner. Although Jack and I weren't technically dating, word got around fast that we were somewhat of an item. 
I rested my head on Jack's shoulder and closed my eyes, letting out a small yawn. 
"I'm tired," I whined as Jack wrapped a protective arm around me. He gave me a sympathetic look then quickly kissed the side of my head. 
"Why don't you go to sleep then?" he murmered, rubbing small, soothing circles around my back.
I thanked the waitress for bringing us our coffees, answering with a yawn.
"Because it's not easy to sleep in a van. It moves too much and five guys can get very loud very fast."
Jack looked at me for a moment before his eyes lit up.
"come stay on our bus!" he exclaimed, "we have the back lounge, so it's usually quiet by the bunks!"
Maybe I was thinking too much into it, but I suddenly got nervous. 
"in your bus?" I asked hesitantly.
"yeah, what's wrong with that?" he questioned with a raised eyebrow.
I slowly pulled away from him, avoiding his confused expression.
"I just feel like that would be moving to fast. I mean, come on Jack, we're barely even a couple now. How are we going to just jump into sharing a bus and a bunk?"
Jack let out a sigh and the conversation was dropped. We ate in silence when the waitress brought us our food, and we each paid seperately. I walked with Pat back to our van with my hands in my pockets. 
"Lexie!" Jack called, jogging up to me and Pat, "can we talk for a second?"
"I really don't want to talk abou-" My words were quickly cut off by Jack's lips pressed against mine. I closed my eyes and lightly kissed back. Although it was a short kiss, it was rather passionate and made my lips tingle.
Jack pulled away and gave me a goofy grin. 
"I'm sorry," he smiled, pulling me into a hug.
I giggled and lightly tapped the edge of his nose with my forefinger. 
"Youre lucky you're cute, Barakat."
"Yes but you're cuter," he insisted.
"no, you are." I laughed
"no, you are."
"you are!"
"you are!"
"you are- so obnoxious!" Pat suddenly interrupted. We glared at him before Pat took my hand and dragged me to the van.
"uhm, bye." Jack said awkwardly, ambling back to the All Time Low bus.
"Pat," I scolded as he continued to drag me through the parking lot, "that was sort of rude."
"I'm sorry Lexie, it's just I thought you were about to make a mistake, so I got you out of there."
I tilted my head confusedly, "what do
you mean?"
"you know John would have been pissed if you had moved onto a bus without telling him. You're his little sister, he feels like it's part of his big brother duties to take care of you and protect you." 
I let Pat's words sink in as I hopped in the passenger seat and my brother took the drivers' seat.

"Lexie, seat belt." John said pointedly as he backed out from the parking lot.
"No one else is wearing a seatbelt, John." I pointed out as I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah, but youre my little sister and you need to be safe when I'm driving."
I sighed and obliged.

Pat was so right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Loooong overdue, I'm so sorry :( also, one of my best friends from back home, Zoe just made a mibba! She hasn't posted yet but I think she s gonna post soon, and we may cowrite a story that would be posted on her page! So check her out and say hi! Her mibba is ZoeBee!