Sequel: You're Not Alone.
Status: Finished.

Looking for a Lifeline

12

"Back so soon." I sighed under my breath as I walked into the house.

"It'll be good for you." Brian gently hugged me from behind "We're going back in a week for the court hearing and to get your things."

"What?" I asked "You... ok." I nodded as he smiled.

"You don't want to go back, do you?" He asked slowly as I shook my head "We'll be with you, Rin. Don't worry."

I took a deep breath "My old room?"

"Old room? When did it ever stop being your room?" Zack laughed as he ran past me "COME ON!"

I laughed under my breath and ran to catch up with him "Everything is the way you left it, other than your bed... we changed the sheets before we left."

"Oh?" I laughed.

"We kinda... planned on kidnapping you." He smiled as I jumped onto the giant comfy bed "Good to be back?"

I nodded "Very, very good. I missed this place."

"Good, well we..." He paused as Matt walked in.

"Uh Cori? Can I talk to you?" He asked.

My eyes closed as I flashd back to the day I decided I would leave.

His hands gripped my shoulders.

"Matt, stop... Matt!" My voice was scared as he shook me.


"Cori!" Zack shouted, waving a hand in my face.

I screamed and jumped backwards "Yah, sorry... Yes." I looked up at Matt with a nod. He had that epression that read he knew what was going on. I hated him for that one thing. I scooted up to the headboard of the bed as he resumed sitting at the end, crisscross legged "Hm?"

"Ok well.... you know it's been three months right?" He asked. I had a horrible feeling of where this would go.

"Is it Val?" I asked. He hesitated "You did go back to her..." I shook my head "I guess.."

"No." He sighed "I didn't. But uhm.... I just wanted you to know that I still love you." He looked up at me with sincere eyes.

"Good to know." I nodded as he took a deep breath "I still love you, too."

His face brightened a little "Really? After... After what happened? Because I have a feeling this was all my fau-"

I wouldn't let him finish. Or, to be precise, my heart wouldn't let him finish. I moved forwards and pressed my lips against his, stopping his words in his mouth. I pulled back and looked him in the eyes "This was no one's fault but my own. If I had just dealt with it, and not put karma on myself, I would be fine. Don't blame yourself." I whispered as his hands moved to my chin. I flinched, I wasn't exactly comfortable with the touching thing... well, at least Matt.

But I would make myself used to it, I loved him, my entire body was in love with him. I wouldn't let one stupid mistake ruin what could be.

"I love you, Corinne. I'm so sorry for what I did." He whispered, his right hand cupping my chin as his left hand gripped mine "I'm so sorry."

I looked down then back up "I shouldn't have said all those things, it was stupid of me, Matt. I was being foolish."

Matt sighed "I shouldn't have left you in the hall... I should have let her bitch, and helped you up."

"I shouldn't have sold you out." I whispered.

"But you burnt the tape... Right?" Matt asked. I nodded.

"Hell yeah, I wouldn't ever let that leak. There's too much on that.." I laughed.

Matt nodded slowly and moved closer, his lips beginning to press against mine as the bedroom door opened quickly.

"CORINNE!" Jimmy shouted "Come make foo-... oh!" He stopped still and stared at Matt and I as we turned to look at him "I'm... sorry... I'll go.."

Matt and I let out unison laughs "No, Jim, I'll come make food."

"No you two can make-up-fuck." He smirked.

"We weren't going to have sex, Jimmy." I rolled my eyes.

"Intense makeout?" He asked, leaning against the doorway.

I smiled and leaned my head against Matt's chest "Will you come make food with me?" I asked with a small giggle as Matt picked me up.

"Yah, let's go... he might be starving."

~*~

"That is disgusting!" I shouted as I piled the contents of the refrigerator onto the counter. The guys were all watching. I picked up a package of tomatoes, juice dripped from the bag. I crinkled my nose and looked at the guys "That's not supposed to happen."

"Oh..." Brian muttered "Well we kinda-"

"Oh God Almighty!" I shouted and jumped back "Is that alive?!" I Shouted and picked up a conatiner of what looked like chicke, but it was full on furry "Fuck... guys, I can't make anything with this!"

"Corinne but... but..." Jimmy stammered.

I held my finger up to him and leaned against the counter, tossing all the food into the garbage can. I continued to hold my finger up to them and walked to the cabinets. I pulled out elbow noodles, tuna, and cream of mushroom soup.

"There's still that conveniece store down the street, right?" I asked as they all nodded "Someone wann go grab a gallon of milk for me? Because..." I held up the gallon on the counter and poured it into the sink, every one of us cringing with each chunk falling into the sink "That's gross... I can't.." I covered my mouth and looked at them "How did you eat? WHAT did you eat?!"

"Pizza?" Johnny shrugged.

"Oh so nutritious. Someone get that milk." I pointed to the door and Zack left "Thanks Zee!" I shouted.

"What are you making?" Matt looked over my shoulder as I grabbed a sauce pan from under the counter and cleaned the half inch of dust out from it.

"Tuna Caserole, and you'll eat it and shut up until we go shopping. I'm pissed at you guys for letting my kitchen, my domain, get this pathetic." I sighed and set the water on the stove to boil.

"That's what I told them."

I turned to the door and smiled "Hey, Larry."

"They didn't believe me when I said you'd be pissed. What'd I say?" He turned to the remaining guys.

"Corinne won't forgive you, this was her favorite part of the house. Her Heaven. Her escape. You're all dead men." They repeated.

I smiled "It's my sanity work." I leaned against Matt and sighed "We need to do some serious shopping."

"Yes." He laughed "We need coffee and..."

I groaned and turned to him "Don't tell me we're out... I'm going to go ape shit on you tomorrow.."

"WHAT'D I TELL YOU!?" Larry shouted from the table "And make enough of that, I want soem." He smiled.

I laughed and threw a towel at him "Fine."

"Yay! Mommy's back!" Jimmy ran over and hugged me.

"But I'm teaching Brian how to drive in traffic." I gave him a glare as he blushed.
♠ ♠ ♠
aweee... i liked this one :)