Status: Complete and edited

Love Will Keep You Up All Night

19

Sidney woke up to a shower shutting off in the bathroom connected to the bedroom that he fell asleep in last night. He groaned thinking that he got drunk again after the loss and slept with someone who wasn’t Taylor. He covered his head with the blanket that he was wrapped up in. That’s when he noticed that he was fully clothed and the blanket that he had been using had Taylor’s name on it. He sat up and waited for her to finish so he could get in. When the door to the bathroom opened and she walked out drying her hair.

“Good Morning.” He smiled at Taylor.

“Good morning my amazing dream.” She laughed as she sat on the bed,

“What does that mean?”

“It means I thought you showing up last night was just a dream that I had to assure myself that you were okay. But then I woke and there you were.”

“Well I’m glad it wasn’t a dream then.” He crawled over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“I am really glad you are okay.” She whispered

“Me too, baby. I did hit my head, but it was all okay.”

“I’m glad.”

“So, what are we going to do today?”

“I don’t know. What would you like to do? Do you have a bathing suit?”

“No I don’t, but I could get one.”

“Well I think we should get you one and I could take you to the pool, it’s right across the parking lot and barely nobody ever goes there.”

“Sounds nice. Do you think we could go shopping for real though? All my extra clothes were on the plane and they just transferred it to the new flight.”

Taylor laughed. “Yeah I guess we can. I know how that goes, my family and I went on a trip and our first flight was so delayed that we missed our connecting flight. The airlines gave us a free room in a hotel, well we didn’t have any changes of clothes.”

“Oh that sucks.”

“Yes it did.” I chuckled

Sidney rested his chin on Taylor’s shoulder and smiled.

“What are you smiling at?” She asked looking at him

“I was just thinking about how much I would like to kiss you right now.”

“Oh really?”

“Yes really. Can I please kiss you?”

“I guess so.”

He moved in a little closer to her “Oh you guess so?”

“Yes.”

Sidney closed the little space that was between them and pressed his lips to Taylor’s. She turned in his arms and draped her arms around his neck. This was their first real kiss, sure they have kissed, but they weren’t as passionate as this one. Taylor pressed herself closer to Sidney’s chest and in response Sidney deepened the kiss. Taylor pulled away and rested her forehead on his.

“If we keep kissing like that, I’m not going to want to do anything but kiss you.” She laughed,

“And that would be a bad thing why?”

“Because it’s my last day on vacation. I would like to spend some more time by the pool.”

“Oh fine.” He kissed her again. “Ugh, you are right. I’m going to take a shower. Do you mind?”

“Not at all, and why you are showering I will make some breakfast.”

“Thanks.” Sidney got off the bed and walked into the bathroom. What Taylor didn’t know though, was that this shower was going to be as cold as ice.

****

While Sidney was in the shower I went to make breakfast. When I walked into the kitchen/dining room area, Anna and Katie were no where to be found. Then I noticed the note sitting on the glass table.

Tay,

Katie and I went out for breakfast and then we are going to go shopping. We thought you’d like some time alone with Sidney. Well be back later and then maybe we can go out. I’ll call you later

Anna


How sweet of them, I actually wanted to spend some time with him. Placing the note on the counter I began getting the things I needed for pancakes and eggs. I turned the radio on to the one station we got and sang along.

“What kind of music is that?” Sidney asked walking into the tiny kitchen.

“It’s country, I like it sometimes but it’s not my favorite. It is also the only station that this radio gets.” I said flipping the pancakes that were on the griddle.

“Have you ever heard of CDs?”

“Yes I have, but we don’t have any CD players in the condo.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

Sidney laughed. I rolled my eyes and continued with breakfast. Once the pancakes were done I put them in the warming tray and began heating up the skillet for the eggs.

“How many eggs would you like?” I asked

“Um, three.” He began wondering around the kitchen. “Do you have any coffee?”

“Oh yeah. I forgot to put it in the maker. It’s in the freezer on the door. I can make it if you want.”

“No I’ll make it, you’re making the food.”

“The mugs are in the cabinet next to the sink.”

“Okay, so where are Anna and Katie?”

“They went out to breakfast and then they were going shopping.” I smiled. “They thought we would like some time together.”

He stood behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I leaned back into his chest, sighing. I’ve never been held like this before and I really could get use to it. Sidney leaned forward and kissed my cheek.

“You are amazing do you know that?” He asked

“Well of course I am.” I walked out of his arms to flip the eggs. “All right breakfast is ready. Go sit down and I’ll bring it to you.”

I grabbed two plates and placed our eggs and some pancakes on each. The coffee was finished so I poured us each a cup and grabbed the sugar and milk. I smiled at Sidney as I placed everything on the table and walked back into the kitchen for the peanut butter and syrup. When I placed the peanut butter on the table Sidney raised his eye brow.

“I like peanut butter on my pancakes and waffles.” I said matter of factly.

“That’s…different.” He chuckled

“It’s good, and it’s protein too.”

“Yeah keep telling yourself that.”

I slapped his arm and started spreading the peanut butter on my pancakes, smiling the whole time at the looks I was getting from Sidney. We ate mostly in silence and when breakfast was done we sat in the living room drinking our second cups of coffee and talking. It was nice to finally get to spend more than an hour or two with him, it was a nice change.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited