Status: Complete and edited

Love Will Keep You Up All Night

24

I knew that was him calling me right now, but I don’t care. I cannot believe him. I do actually believe him, but I’m still pissed at him for not talking to me all week. I don’t care that he got an apartment, but I would like to know if he did. Finally the bell rang and I went to meet up with Mandy like we did after every second period on A days.

“Hey. Are you okay?” She asked as she approached me

“No, I’m pissed at Sidney.”

“Because of the apartment thing?”

“Not really that no, I’m more pissed because he hasn’t talked to me in forever after I've left him a couple of messages. Then you add the rumor about the girl and the apartment to that it just makes for a very crappy day. Plus I didn’t get any sleep last night.”

“Tay listen. He texted me and wanted me to tell you that he did get an apartment, but by himself. He didn’t get one with another girl. He also said to call him later.”

“Urgh, okay I’ll think about calling him. He called me last period.”

“I know. Just hear him out.”

“Okay. I’ll see ya later.”

“Bye.”

When I got to lunch, I quickly pulled out my phone to ignore the new voicemail message. When I opened my phone not only did I have a new voicemail, I also had two new text messages. I quickly opened them and read that they both pretty much said the same thing. The first one was from Max:

Hey Taylor he is not seeing someone else. We won’t let him hurt you. =)

The next one was from Jordan:

Tay, he’s not cheating on you. He really likes you and if he hurts you the rest of us will kick his ass. We got your back girl =) Love ya

Jordan always knows how to make me smile. At that moment I realized how much his friends care about his happiness. I decided to send Sidney a text.

Hey. Listen I’m sorry. I freaked a bit I just haven’t talked to you in a while and then there is this rumor that you are buying an apartment with some girl. Can you imagine what was going through my head this morning?

Tay, I’m soooo sorry. I know I should have talked to you but I was busy with the realtors.

So you did get an apartment?

Yes I did, but by myself. There is no other girl. I wouldn’t do that to you. I am really sorry about this…about everything,

It’s okay I forgive you. Can I still call you before the game?

Of course. I can’t wait to talk to you.

Thanks, I’ll talk to you later. And I’m sorry again.

It’s okay babe. =)

I felt better after I talked to Sidney and got some of this cleared up. I slept during study hall like I had originally planned on and when I woke up I had two new messages from Kris and Geno. Their's said the same things that Jordan and Max’s said. That Sidney wasn’t cheating on me and if he was he was in pain because his friends would have kicked his butt by now. It made me smile to know that these guys were looking out for me and worried about me.

Finally fourth period was over and I was heading to the locker room to start getting ready for the game. After I finished getting ready, I grabbed my bag and ran outside to call Sidney while I waited for the bus and the rest of the team. I dialed his number and held my breath, hoping he’d pick up.

“Hello?” Sidney said

“Hey, I gotta say it’s nice to hear your voice again.” I smiled

“Taylor, listen I’m so sorry. I know you are worried about the game today and I’m sorry that I didn’t pick up the phone yesterday when you needed help with the team.”

“Sidney it’s okay. I just wished that you would have at lease sent me a text at least once this week. Can you believe the things that were going through me head this morning were almost enough for me to call you before the game a break up with you? I seriously believed what Meghan and Anna told me, but I think it was because mostly I created that in my head since we hadn’t spoken all week and then that popped up. It made perfect sense in my mind.” I took a deep breath. “I’m sorry, please don’t think that I’m some psycho girlfriend or something.”

“Don’t worry, I don’t think you’re a psycho. You don’t have to worry about me cheating on you because you are seriously the only girl for me. I mean that.”

“Aw thanks Sid, you’re so sweet.” A tear slipped down my cheek and I brushed it away as I turned and saw the team starting to come out. “Listen I’m going to go because the bus should be here soon.”

“Okay, good luck Taylor.”

“Thanks Sid.”

****
She finally believed that he wasn’t cheating on her and Sidney couldn’t be happier. He and the guys were sitting in the Samules' driveway, waiting for Amanda to get home so they knew where they were going.

“So you two talked?” Flower asked, looking at Taylor's house.

“Yes. She forgave me for not talking to her and she apologized for believing the rumor.”

“I’m happy.” Flower looked around. “So how old is her sister?”

“Fifteen, she’s probably going to be really shy around you guys.”

“She won’t be for long though.” Max laughed.

“No she won’t.” Sidney turned in his seat to see if the bus was pulling up. Just then the bus pulled up and he saw Amanda walking towards the house. She realized that one of the cars was Sidney, but she probably had no idea about the other car. So Sidney got out and signaled for the rest of the guys to get out too. Sidney chuckled to himself when Mandy’s eyes got huge.

“Sidney Crosby, I hate you right now. Why didn’t you tell me that you were bring these guys with you?” Amanda asked as she reached the driveway.

“Because then I wouldn’t get to see your expression. It’s priceless.” Sidney smiled his lopsided smile and Flower chuckled behind him. “So do I need to introduce you or do you know everyone?” Sidney chuckled again as he watched Amanda freeze in her spot
.
“Um, no I think I know everyone. Come on in guys.” She said motioning for them to follow her into the house.

“So did Taylor tell you that I spoke to her and she believes me?”

“No , we don’t have time to talk to each other after school when she has games.”

“Oh, well all is well with us.”

“I’m glad.”

They all got into the house and sat on the couch. Amanda turned to all the guys and just stood there for a second. “Can I get you guys anything to drink?” She finally asked

“No thanks.” Came from everyone.

“Okay then. Well I already know who you all are, so let me introduce myself. I’m Amanda or Mandy it doesn’t matter and Taylor is my sister.”

All guys said hello and Amanda just stood there like a dummy. Finally Sidney made her sit down between him and Staalsy. “So Mandy, Taylor doesn’t know I’m here right?” Sidney asked

“No, she doesn’t.”

“Good. Hey listen do you want to ride with me, Flower and Max to the game?”

“Um yea sure.” She looked at the clock. “We should probably leave now. My mom said she would be late to the game, so I’ll call her real quick and tell her just to meet us over there.”

“Okay, you do that.”

Amanda walked down the hallway to call her mom and it was like the lid was removed from a jar. All the noise just rose.

“Dude, she’s kind of pretty.” Jordan said

“Yeah she is, she looks like Taylor too.” Max said.

Sidney chuckled and shook his head. What has he gotten Amanda into? She was going to have her hands full with these guys. “Guys please just remember that she is only fifteen and anything you guys are thinking is illegal. Also be on your best behaviors at the game.” All the guys rolled there eyes and nodded. Mandy came back in the room and walked over to Sidney.

"Mom said she would meet us over there. Come on guys let’s go watch some softball.”

Sidney drove and Flower gave Mandy shotgun, so that meant that Max and Flower were in the back, but that didn’t stop them from asking question after question.

“So Mandy, is Taylor good at softball?’ Max asked

“Yeah she is. She loves the sport and you can tell. She’s played for so long though so I get kind of bored with it after a while. I use to play but I stopped because I felt that she was pushing me too much.”

“Oh…”

“How do you like school?” Flower asked

“It’s okay, it’s easier than I thought it would’ve been. I think what made it easier for me was having Taylor there with me.”

“You two get along pretty well don’t you?”

“Yea we do, but we do fight all the time too.” She laughed. She looked out the window and told Sidney where to go next. “So Flower, Max tell me what you think about my sister.”

Max answered first. “She doesn’t put up with any our crap and she knows hockey. She also is a lot of fun to hang out with.” Mandy nodded her head in agreement and then waited for Flower’s answer.

“Pretty much what Max said. I really like her, we all get along well, she fits in.”

Mandy chuckled “Yeah she get’s along with pretty much everyone.” There was a comfortable silence that fell within the car. Mandy turned slightly to look at Sidney. “So, you’re planning on asking my sister to move in with you for the summer?”

“Yeah, I hope she still doesn’t hate me though. I really would like to spend a ton of time with her before she goes to school.” Sidney said

“Whoa wait what? Sid, you’re planning on asking Taylor to move in with you?” Max exclaimed.

“Yeah Talbo, but no one besides you, Flower, and Mandy know so please keep it that way and don’t say anything to Taylor about this. I’m planning on asking her after her game”

“Wow, you must really like her.”

“I do.”

“This is the school.” Mandy said as we came up to a large brick building.

Sidney turned into the parking lot and turned the engine off. Looking over at the field her noticed that the team was out warming up. He grabbed his sunglasses and put his baseball hat on. Max and Flower followed his lead, before they left the hotel they all decided to wear a slight disguise to keep Taylor from noticing them. He didn’t know how well it would work but it was worth a try. They all got out of their cars and walked to the gate, where they paid. Sidney handed the young lady a ten dollar bill to cover his ticket and Mandy’s.

“You didn’t need to do that. My mom gets in for free and she can have one other person with her who can also get in free.” Mandy said as they took over the bleachers on the visiting team’s side. Sidney just waved her off and took a seat, watching Taylor.

The conversation flowed effortlessly between Mandy and the rest of the guys. Jordan was getting a little too close, Sid was going to have to keep an eye on him. He half listened to what was being said around him, but his focus was on the dirt diamond in front of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited