Status: New story. Gotta love Boys Like Girls!

Wicked Game

Got Me Going Crazy

"So who was that guy?" Joe questioned as soon as the guy Angela had met left.

Somehow, that guy seemed pretty familiar to him. He's seen him somewhere - but have no recollection of ever meeting the stranger.

"Martin," she replied and he saw her blush, causing his cheeks to flush red from anger.

He reached out to her and pulled her towards the theatre, crushing the tickets he was holding in his hands.

"What did he want?" his voice turned monotone.

"Is something wrong?" she replied instead, stopping dead in her tracks - her face full of concern.

Joe's eyes wandered around their environment looking for the stranger who seemed to have made Angela really high in spirits. When he realized that the stranger was nowhere in sight, he took a deep breath and forced himself to smile.

"Nothing is wrong, Jelly," Joe answered when she called out for him again.

"For a moment there, I thought you wanted to tell me some bad news or something," Angela grinned widely.

"No," Joe replied and slowly pulled her towards the theater again.

Not yet, he thought grimly.

:::

Right after the movie, both Joe and Angela got out of the theatre with a huge smile on their faces. They walked down the street towards Central Park and sat on one of the many benches located around the park.

Joe looked up at Angela with a sad smile. He honestly didn't want to leave her for tour around America.

"Joe?" Angela called out and he looked up at her. "What's on your mind?"

Here goes nothing, Joe thought and inhaled a large amount of oxygen to calm himself down.

"The Jonas Brothers are going for another tour around America by the end of the week," Joe answered, watching her facial expression.

At first, he saw her face fell but regained her normal expression again.

"End of the week," Angela slowly said as though she didn't want to believe the news. "That's the day after tomorrow, isn't it?"

"Yeah," Joe answered, his voice so soft and timid.

He saw her shoulders shrugged a little in sadness.

"You should totally go. Don't worry about me!" he saw her forced herself to smile and he reached out and rested his hands on her shoulders.

"You can come with us. I'm sure my brothers wouldn't mind," he hoped for her to say yes.

"Nice try, Joe," she bit her lips before pouting. "What would your manager say?"

He was about to persuade her again but she continued, "Go and kick butt. I'll get Jack to get all the news about you guys."

"I'll come back as soon as the tour is over and then we can spend time together again," Joe said, still scrutinizing her face.

"Take your time, Jonas," Angela smirked causing him to grin a little.

"We better get you home before your dad worries about you," Joe stood up, brushing off invisible crumbs off his pants before helping her up.

"I doubt so," Angela was all serious again. "He's probably working on his scripts."

::::

After Joe dropped her off at home, Angela made her way up the stairs. Even though she is blind, she memorized her steps around the house - to the bathroom, the kitchen or the patio.

As soon as she's stepped inside her room, she sat on her bed and thought about what she could do when Joe and his brothers are off on tour.

"Did you have a great time?" a voice interrupted her thoughts causing her to jump a little in shock.

She had been so much in thought that she'd completely forgotten about her father being in the house.

"Yes, I did," she smiled and felt her father sitting next to her.

There was an uncomfortable silence between them before she decided to open up a conversation. Questions she would ask whenever her father comes back home after shooting for the show.

"So how's the show coming along?"

"Great. I just wish I could show you the photos we took over in Hawaii," there was disappointment in his tone and Angela knew her father was trying his hardest to hide it.

She couldn't blame him. From the moment she knew her ABC's, her father would not give up finding a doctor for her. He even said that money wouldn't be an issue.

"I wish I could too," she tried to say. "But Daddy, how about your script?"

"Script?" her father said in a questioning way.

"You were reading up on the script for the next episode, right?" Angela asked, turning to face the sound of him speaking.

"Oh that," he said as though it was nothing to him. "It's alright. I just hope that things will work out."

There was something about the tone of his voice that was telling her he was keeping a secret. She decided to push away her feelings and smiled instead for her father.

"Now that I'm home for a few days," her father paused to build the excitement. "Let's have Ben & Jerry's for three straight days! We can even go shopping, if you want to."

Shopping, Angela thought dully.

Shopping was the only other thing her father could come up with whenever he had some time to spend with her. When she tried to suggest the theme park, he would go beserk over it.

Perhaps it was the scary thought of her being lost and how strangers could take advantage of her if he left her for a few seconds.

"That'll be great, Daddy," she fake her enthusiasm with a big fake grin.

At that exact moment, she heard her cellphone rang. Reaching out for her cellphone next to her, she picked up the call.

"Hey Angie," an unfamiliar voice greeted her.

"Hi," she replied with a small frown. "Who is this?"

There was a light chuckle from the other side of the line. And judging from the silence in her room, she knew her father was listening to her conversation.

"This is Martin," the voice answered with a small cough that was followed by the sounds of a few female's laughter. "We met at the mall."

Right after the laughter, Angela could also hear loud music at the background.

"Oh, hey," she said cheerfully. "I thought you wouldn't call."

"Just thought I'd pick up the phone and say hey," he paused before there was another laughter from the female voice.

"Bottom's up, mate!" someone in the background shouted and it was followed by loud cheers.

"Hey back at you," Angela replied with a small laugh.

She had no idea where this conversation was going at all.

"So what are you doing tomorrow?" Martin's surrounding seemed to lapsed into complete silence.

Either that, or he had walked away from the noise.

"I'm actually going over to a friend's house to help him pack," she answered and pushed a strand of hair behind her ears. "Why, what's up?"

"Oh," there was disappointment in his tone. "What about the day after tomorrow?"

"I should be free," she answered with a smile tugging at her lips.

"Do you want to go out for coffee or something?" he paused before quickly adding, "If you want to, of course."

"I'd love to."

"Great. I'll see you," Martin said and they both hung up.

"Who was that?" her father broke his silence and she could feel his eyes staring at her.

"Martin," was all she answered - not without a smile on her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are appreciated!