Status: finished. <3 comments would be most welcome.

I Guess It Doesn't Matter.

dead.

She stumbled along the path awkwardly, her matted black hair too long and her eyes too bright. Purple stained her hairline from where she’s messily dyed it, and her eyeliner was smudged. Stones dug into the callused soles of her feet as she padded past the dealers that had ruined her.

“No, please, don’t!”

A tear formed at the corner of her eye.

“Daddy, please! Please!”

Another pushed the first down her flushed cheek and she dismissively wiped it away. Her thin, skeletal figure soon dropped limp against a damp wall and slid to the floor, head lolling to the side slightly and blue eyes closing.

“You’re an idiot.”

She looked up at the owner of the voice. A familiar boy stood in front of her, spiked blonde hair and same blue eyes as her.

“Go away. You’re supposed to be dead,” she croaked out. A drop of rain splashed on her slender nose, but she made no move to remove it.

“Why did you do it?”

Her eyes crinkled at the sides as more tears built up in her ducts, but she blinked them away rapidly. “I had to.”

The boy shook his head lovingly at the wreck in front of him. “No, you didn’t.”

The glint of the knife as she held it out in the dim light. The spatter of human blood on the wall behind. She could still remember everything so clearly, and she wasn’t so sure if she liked that.

A visible shudder ran through her already trembling body and the boy laid a hand on her shoulder to soothe her. "You didn't."

She shook violently beneath his cold grasp. "You don't understand."

The way the blade slid so easily into his warm flesh. It was like cutting through the meat she used to be given on her roast dinner. She dragged the knife down his arm slowly, slitting open the skin and giggling at the scarlet liquid that bubbled out of the wound.

"You're crazy."

"I know," she whispered. "I'm crazy for you."

The boy stepped backwards, a pained look on his face. “No. No.”

“Why not…?” She blinked once, releasing the built up tears. They joined the raindrops hitting her porcelain face and rolled down her cheeks. The falling water soaked her clothes, plastering them to her skin.

The boy noticed this and followed her body line, staring in horror at the shape his dear sister was in. How he wished he hadn’t been born. He was the cause of everything. He gulped back the guilt now charging into his mind and whispered quietly. “I’m dead.”

“No, you’re not, you can’t be, you’re here now, aren’t you?” She reached out to touch him, but he stepped backwards quickly.

“I’m your brother. It’s morally wrong.” He kept up his excuses. He didn’t want to have to break the fragile girl all over again.

She glanced up at this, tears now flowing freely. “I killed him for you. And you still won’t take me?”

“What the hell do you think you’re doing with that?”

“Isn’t it obvious, Daddy? I’m going to kill you for killing brother.”


“I can’t…” His voice strained with the pain in his once beating heart. He wanted her. But he couldn’t have her. To him, it was like teasing a puppy with a tennis ball, except this prize was far more valuable than anything else in the world.

“But…” she faltered, staring at him exasperatedly. “But, I love you…”

“Hey, lady, who’re you talking to?”

Her head jolted to stare at the interrupting drug dealer who’d sold her the line of cocaine she snorted before oddly, before turning back to face the boy she had literally killed for. But all she found was empty space. Holding back her remorse and anger, she shivered and pulled her legs close to her non-existent chest before hearing a seductive voice that could make her weak at the knees whisper in her ear.

“I love you too.”