Sequel: If I Only Understood
Status: slowly updating

If You Only Knew

Torture

Torture, that is exactly what was going on, torture. Every time I looked at her I wanted to be near her, but I can’t give in. I can’t. Imprinting can’t be THAT strong.

I unclenched my fist as she finally removed Paul’s arm from her waist. I swear I’m going to kick his ass later. Wait no I shouldn’t care, I don’t care. Paul wrapped both his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him. This time she only smiled.

I growled and clenched my fist again. Jared slapped my back and chuckled. “Congrats man”

“I don‘t know what you‘re talking about” I lied. I knew exactly what he was talking about, but I refuse to believe that I imprinted on Alyssa.

He shook his head and laughed again. “Quil already told me, and even if he didn‘t, you‘re making it pretty obvious”

“Remind me to kick his ass later”

“Well I think it‘s sweet Jacob” Kim replied now standing next to Jared. Were these two joined at the hip or something. Jared smiled and put his arm around her shoulders. And to think, before this whole imprinting thing Jared hadn’t even known that Kim existed.

I rolled my eyes at the couple. “Two old best friends falling in love, it‘s like a story book romance” she cooed. “She‘ll comfort you and help you get over Bella and you‘ll realize your feelings for her. Awe I can‘t wait!!!!”

I raised my eyebrows at her. “There‘s just one problem with your idea. I didn‘t imprint on her”

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms across her chest. “Were you always this stubborn?”

I rolled my eyes at her. I opened my mouth to protest but an angelic familiar voice cut me off. “Yes, yes he was” I turned around to find Alyssa standing there.

Herbeautiful smile was on her face. The sunset behind her haloed her. Her arms were folded across her chest. I unclenched my fist and relaxed. I don’t know what it was but I wasn’t as angry any more. My throat was dry and I couldn‘t concentrate. “Hey again Jake” she spoke snapping me out of my trance.

“Oh, um…h-hey” I stuttered. Since when do I stutter. I’ve never been nervous enough to stutter around any girl, not even Bella. I heard Kim giggle behind me as Alyssa giggled.

“He speaks. I thought all those steroids would have affected your vocal chords somehow” she giggled and shook her head. “Don‘t ever scare me like that again”

A slow smile slowly made it’s way onto my face as I listened to her laugh.It was like an angelic melody. They way her eyes lit up when she laughed was indescribable.

“Who said we were on steroids?” I questioned.

“Well you‘re taking something. There‘s no way that my little skinny scrawny Jacob could be--” “My?” I interrupted with a raised eyebrow.

I watched as color slowly rose to her cheeks. She rubbed her left arm up and down and looked down at her feet. She looked innocent andcute. She shook her head then looked back up at me and smirked. “You know what I mean?”

Before I could respond Embry picked her up from behind and threw her over his shoulder. She let out a beautiful care-free laugh. “You and Quil are making me feel really anorexic you know that right?”

“Well maybe if you weighed more than picking you up wouldn‘t be so easy”

“Are you saying that you want me to be fat?”

“Yup. And we can start right now, time for S‘mores” she laughed as Embry carried her away. This was going to be a long night.
***

I was sitting down on a log next to Quil. I glanced up from the fire and looked at her. She was sitting next to Kim and they were talking as if they had been best friends for their entire lives. I should have known that Kim would have wanted to talk to her.

Everyone was packing up and getting ready to go home. But I couldn’t focus. I had so many things on my mind. What was I going to do? I might have regrettably imprinted on my best friend. How would I explain this to her. How do you explain to your best friend who you haven’t seen in eight years that you’re a shape shifter and she is supposedly your soul mate. How do you explain that you still love someone else. You can’t, you can’t explain it.

“Well I should be going” Alyssa said as she stood up.

“You sure?” Kim asked now standing next to her. She nodded her head and gave Kim was last hug. She started to walk off when Kin spoke up. “Wait!” she turned around to face her. Kim then turned around to face me. “HEY JAKE!”

I raised my eyebrow. She motioned for me to come over. I sighed, stood up and walked over to her. “Why don‘t you walk Alyssa home?”

I looked at Alyssa who smiled and shrugged. I set my attention back on Kim who folded her arms and smirked. I rubbed the back of my neck. “Well um…..”

“You wouldn‘t want her to walk home alone in the dark now would you?”

She had a point, she shouldn’t be walking home alone. “I‘ll take her” Paul suggested jogging over to us. He winked at her and smirked. She smirked and winked back at him. I felt my blood begin to boil.

“No I‘ll do it” Alyssa smiled, turned on her heel and started walking up the beach. Kim smiled at me and winked. I rolled my eyes.

“Go before she gets to far ahead”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to post. Thanks for reading you guys.

Do you guys think that Alyssa should be attach by a vampire to find out or should Jake tell her?

Comments=next chapter