Status: Here we go again.. :)

'Oh How the Lights Are Shining'

'I Know You Can't Come Home Til' Their Singing'

“Shit” I mumble, spilling boiling green tea across my hand as I slam it down and pick up the phone, trying to pull on grey tights all at the same time. ”Hello?” I ask, pressing the phone to my ear, and holding It there with my shoulder.

“Kitty why aren’t you here?” Elliot’s urgent voice booms down the phone.

Successfully pulling my tights up, I skip over to my bedside table and check my clock. “I’m not even late yet!” I exclaim.

“Well have you left yet?” he replies.

Straightening up, I bite my lip, subconsciously checking out my bed hair in the mirror on the wall. “Well not technically…”

“Well then your going to be late”

“You cant yell at me before I’m even late!” I stress. I pull a blue dress out of my wardrobe and slip it on awkwardly trying to keep the phone pressed to my ear.

“Well shall I call you back in ten minutes and do it then or shall we get this over with now?”

Tossing essentials into my bag I decide to ignore his un-reasonableness and use the call to my advantage. “What am I doing today?” I ask sweetly, wondering whether or not to bring my amateur half-finished sketches in.

“Well I was hoping you could help me with a new project I’ve been set with…”…I’m meant to be happy about this? “Really? What?” Fake enthusiasm…

“Well, you’ve heard of the charity ‘To Write Love On Her Arms?’” I tell him that I have and grab my keys, locking my flat. “Well they do a few festivals and gigs and stuff, to raise awareness. Basically this summer they are having one in L.A and I’ve been honored with the role of setting it up and stuff.”

“Don’t they have people to do that for them?” I sigh at the thought of this new heavy work-load and how stressed Elliot’s going to be. This sounds pretty big.

“Yes. Me”

Pinching the bridge of my nose, I nod. “Of corse” I reply sarcastically. “So what do you need me for?”

“Well I need you to come and meet the executives and check they like you… and then just simple stuff like going to a few gigs, finding appropriate bands… the like. Maybe also help with some new t-shirt range…”

In the end, I only get to the office ten minutes late. I have to meet up with some stuff business woman and put op with her staring down her nose at me all morning while she quizzes me about my job.

“Okay Kathryn, so I need five t-shirt designs from you when we next meet” she tells me. I don’t bother correcting her on my name seeing as it would be the sixth time and clearly; she doesn’t care.

“Well, I’ll tr-”

“-Great. And I’ll page you if I need you to check out a band at some time. Good girl”

And wit that she’s off. Its not that I begrudge the work. Its actually a pretty good idea. I’m just not sure I’ll be able to do it! Basically I need to get five musician’s to come up with an ‘encouraging’ phrase for a t-shirt. Trouble is, I don’t know who to ask! It’s going to seem so weird!

“Who didn’t take their shoes off when they came in!” I yell, following the muddy footprints that pace from my door through to my lounge. Straight across my sky blue carpet…
The prints lead up to the settee where both Alex and Ant are slouched, Xbox controllers in hand, muddy shoes on feet. Propped up on my coffee table!
“Get your feet off!” I push their feet off giving them no choice really.

“What’s with all the crazy cleaning?” Alex asks absentmindedly.

“Yeah, quite being such a girl” Ant laughs. Neither of them take their eyes off the T.V. It scares me how consumed boys become with video games.

“I am a girl!”

They ignore me so I carry on tidying up. I pick up old flyers and leaflets and other rubbish, throwing it away, along with useless possessions like old candles, broken headphones, read magazines…
I have a plan to move out of here sometime soon. When I can afford it. I’ve lived in this flat too long and sure, it has memories, but most of them are not good…
So I’m clearing up. Spring cleaning. And that’s why. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact Gabe may be coming to visit in two days time…

“Are you guys ever going to leave?” I ask, scrubbing the carpet now.

“It’s conceivable that sometime in the future I will leave” Ant says. “But staying here is cheaper”. He’s still got his head in the game ,but Alex has obviously finished and gets up, coming over to me.

“And what’s your excuse ole’ Moneybag’s?” I sigh, looking up at him from the floor and squeezing the sponger over a particularly muddy patch. “You can easy afford a hotel” I mutter.

“I know” he smiles, a cheeky grin on his face. He crouches down, gently releasing the sponge from my hand and breaking eye contact so he can scrub the floor for me. “But I just like living this close to you again”

“Thank you!” I say quickly, meaning about the floor cleans. I spring up “ So much stuff to do!” I blush, hurrying around in a circle for a moment before being compelled to text Gabe.

’What plane are you catching? J x’

‘I’m not L’
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts ?? :)