Hatred Fills My Blood.

Why?

Zacky’s day began as it usually had. He got up and ready for his tough day ahead. He would yet again be having to face that "crowd" that taunted him everyday. School was the worst place in the world. Zacky hated it and badly wanted to drop out.

"But you can't, Zack," claimed his best friend, Matt.

Zacky huffed, why couldn't he? It was his life. He was free to do what he wanted to do with it.

"If you leave, you split the group up," Matt added.

By this, Zacky was persuaded to stay on. He didn't want to leave the band already. They were only just making it. Coming up with some catchy songs and an eye catching band name.

On his way to the bus stop on that day, (that seemed to be no different than any others) Zacky yet again missed the bus to school. He couldn't go home, no matter how badly he wanted to. Yet, he didn't want to go to school. Everyone teased him, and prodded his chubby cheeks. Including his so called best friends.

"I hate everyone," Zacky muttered as he glided through the empty hallways of Huntington Beach High. "I want to get away." It was then he spotted an advertisement for Driving Lessons. Something he could use, especially at this point in time. Zacky scribbled down his name in red ink and walked to his first class; grinning because he knew that someday soon he would be able to escape.

He crept in the door and took his seat, four rows back, immediately without looking into any of the other student's eyes. His teacher, Miss Davies hurried over to where he was sitting, and asked smoothly why he was so late. “Because I fuckin’ missed the bus.” happened to be the blunt, uninterested, rude, remark that Zacky threw back in her face. Of course, she was horrified. How could a student speak such horrible words? Zacky smirked at her making his lip piercings tilt.

Zacky didn’t care about Miss Davies, her thoughts or even what she was ranting on about. He didn't care about studying algebra, he wouldn't need it. He tossed back his head and fell into a deep day dream. His green eyes shifted abruptly under his red eye shadowed lids. He was truly a person who didn’t think good could possibly exist in other human being; they were all twisted and evil. Ironic how one day, he himself would be just what he described them. He day dreamed about the events of his life in the future; how he wanted it all to happen. Avenged Sevenfold would become highly famous, something that Zacky wanted, just so he could rub it in everyone’s faces. “Zachary Baker will never be famous? Well I’ll show you all,” he thought, as he rolled his eyes again. His thoughts continued, “I’ll show you, that I’m better than any of you!”

He joined his best friends for lunch like he usually had. Only today, they were annoying him more than they did any other day. “Someone needs to take a pill and just, chill!” Brian chanted.

Zacky held back a punch by clenching his fists, digging his nails into his sweaty palms. He hated when Brian acted like that. “Hey, I saw your name on the driver’s course list. What are you thinking, Baker? That’s fuckin’ stupid. Driving is for pussies!” Brian added, laughing and smirking. Zacky glanced at him, anger bubbling in his blood. “It won’t be for pussies when you want me to take you everywhere, will it?” he snapped, and pulled away from the group. They all gasped sarcastically and walked on without him, did they even care about Zacky at all?

Zacky wondered back to the driver’s course sign and read it over and over. “Shall I take my name off?” he asked himself, reading it over one last time. “No. Why should I? I don’t need them, I can do it,” he thought.

As he shifted between the crowds of people he got a dark thought, he began thinking of how he’d kill people. Zacky didn’t know why he thought that, it just seemed to flash into his once ‘kind’ mind.

“I’m hilarious,” he mumbled under his manic laugh. Brian just happened to wonder over at that moment.
“What you hilarious for?” Brian asked, curious. “You aren’t hilarious, Baker!” he added as he stroked his chin.

Zacky gritted his teeth together and muttered “I got a thought about killing people, isn’t that hilarious?” If only Brian knew then that Zacky was being deadly serious. Instead at that time, he thought it was all some joke. Zacky always had a dark sense of humour and found the oddest of things funny. This couldn’t be any different could it?

The rain kicked in as Zacky walked home, the hail started beating of his face but it didn’t bother him, despite the fact that it was unusual for South California to get rain in the summer. Once in the dry hallway of his home he kicked off his shoes and ran straight upstairs. “Zachary! Get down here, right now!” his mother, Maria shouted. Zacky didn’t listen, shoving on some music and blasting it to the highest volume it would go.

“Third time this week,” she said, a tut escaped her throat. “There’s something wrong with him James, I just know it.” His mother always seemed to know when something was bothering him; she’d always give the best of advice.

“Don’t let them bother you, they’re jerks.” she’d coo in the past, but for some reason this time she didn’t do that and just left him to clear his thoughts (or, supposedly) on his own. In fact, he was watching crime movies. Deep in thought when they mentioned ‘The killing of so and so happened like this…’ Those parts gave him dark ideas. He liked it.

A few hours later Zacky wondered downstairs, a glum look in his eyes. “Where’s food?” he asked, no emotion in his voice. His father looked up from his newspaper and focused on his son, “Something wrong Zack?” he asked, raising an eyebrow. Zacky shook his head. He obviously wouldn’t tell his parents his devilish plans would he?

“I joined for a driving course. The school are paying for it, so don’t freak!” he nodded his head “It’s free.”

His mother gave him a big bear hug before releasing him from her grip. “That’s great son. Isn’t that great James?” she looked over to her husband, who didn’t answer. He was too busy with his paper to even care. “I said, isn’t that great James?!” she repeated, raising her voice.

James looked up slightly, raising his eyebrow again, “Wonderful.”