Status: This story got reported.I fixed everything and sent it to the editors.Hopefully,they'll except it.

I just love those green eyes...

I meet Mike.

I stayed with Billie a bit longer,then we kissed goodbye.It just got silent when we got done talking,so I left because it was getting a little awkward.We kissed each other goodbye and I got out onto the streets of California.I didn't know where to go,so I just walked the sidewalks like a lost dog.Then I realized I needed a place to sleep.
If your wondering,I didn't see the purpose in sleeping at Billie's.He only has a twin bed,and I didn't want to burden him.
Then I saw a man that looked a familiar.I sped up a little to see who it was.It was Mike.
"Hey,"He waved.
"Hey,"I said casually.
"Aren't you that girl Billie walked home with,"He asked.
"Yeah.He's a really good guy."
"I would know."
I looked ahead.We were getting closer and closer to snob territory.God.
"Hey,do you know if there's anywhere around here I could crash,"I asked.
He looked at me with a smile,"Right up there."
I didn't bother to look ahead.I was too busy looking back,to see if there were any shelters or something.
As I was still looking back,I said,"Oh yeah? How much is it a night?"
"About 800 bucks,"He cracked up.
I squinted my eyes a little and said sarcastically with a smile,"Ha-ha,very funny."
Mike still had a smile on his face,"You need a place to sleep?"
My tone sounded embarrassed,even though I really wasn't,"Yeah."
"I've got a pull-out couch at my place.You can sleep there,"He said.
We turned back.I was so glad we weren't going to snob city tonight.
***
Mike's apartment building was way different than Billie's;gray and plain.I walked into the snow white tiled lobby,shutting the thick,heavy gray door behind me.There wasn't any furniture,only a passover that looked like someone just cut a square hole through the white walls.The stairs were on my left.Mike and I walked up the stairs.They had a cherry-wood finish,and the walls were still white.Mike lived on the second story.
He opened his apartment,and it was somewhat similar to Billie's.There was a plastic kitchen (Is plastic the cheap counter tops and cabinets these days...?) with a small dining table only seating one,a green and black striped couch,no T.V.,and a cherry wood coffee table which was very wide,with a wireless radio on it.There were plastic doors on either side of the apartment.
Mike went into the bathroom door.He came out with light yellow linens and two white pillows without covers over them.He started setting up my queen sized bed.
He was done.It looked good.
"There."--He told me with an accomplished voice--"Oh shit...I'll be right back."
He came back with a thin dark green comforter.
I mumbled a thank you and slipped into the warm blanket.I didn't know how tired I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes,I know this was a fairly long chapter for such a short length of time.It's a habit.I'm trying to quit.I guess I'm too descriptive.